Chapter 16

Shawn POV

I stalked out of the concrete room and powerfully walked down the hallway. Katherine had yet to be scared out of her wits but, her defiance wouldn't last long. My scowl grew upon my face, how would I scare her? I nearly ran into a wall as I thought it over. She didn't know about Sadie, could I use that to my advantage? Everyone else thinks it's Lucy, they think she is the leader of HQ. Only Katherine knows, but she knew from the start. She was so easy to fool into giving me information of the seventh Soul Gazer. Katherine had either made a terrible mistake or found the one thing that could ruin my plan; there are six more Soul Gazers, if she were to escape and find them...

"Sir, prisoner number six has escaped." An informant told me, terrified I would strike him with the weapon in my hand.

"I don't keep track of the numbers....there are too many. Who HAS ESCAPED?" I almost yelled at the foolish boy.

"Sir, Soul Gazer six has just escaped. He is wearing the guards uniform he could be anywhere and anyone." The not-so-foolish informant replied cooly. "What do we do?"

I thought back to my walk. Did any guards pass me? As someone with a brilliant mind, I could sure be stupid.

"Search every guard in the building, " I instructed him. "I have to go." I turned sharply around and ran back to Katherine's cell. She sat there sitting the opposite way I had left her. I threw open the cell door and she turned her head, I could barely see her face. The ropes were not slack and so I carefully walked to her other side. My weapon was in my right hand and I was ready to strike. When I reached the other side, Katherine's defiant eyes stared back at me. She was still there. I decided to torture her with the thought of her friend, Sadie, being alive.

Something moved in the shadows. My head whipped to face the un-lighted part of the room. The guard that had been there the first time was shuffling his feet. I was about to tell him off, but he sprang and tackled me. Katherine was knocked back, still tied to the metal chair. The thunk was deafening and the pool of blood that surrounded her head like a halo was only growing. The guard leapt from me to her and untied her rope that bounded her. I layed in disbelief as the guard took off his mask to reveal the sixth Soul Gazer, Jericho. I was so shocked I had done nothing but watch him. As much as I wanted to kill him I knew that he was a Soul Gazer. He could kill me with a flick of his wrist. He placed Katherine over his shoulder and carried her out like a fireman saving a life.The sixth Soul Gazer took my seventh Soul Gazer. Right under my nose too. I vowed to get him, to get him on my own life. "Yes," I thought to myself. "The Soul Gazers stand no chance."