Chapter 4 (edited)

Boom! 2 parts in one day!!

Katherine P.O.V

 I was walking to Sadie's house to see if we could hang out, and maybe get some lemonade. It had been a very long day and I needed a good ole' pick-me-up. I felt a push on my back as I was walking and I whipped around to tell the offender to back off. But to my utter surprise it was an out-of-breath Sadie that ran into me.

"Katherine HQ is coming for you. Once I pull this out." She gestured to a rectangular item in her thigh. "I will remember none of HQ, and they will not be able to find me. But they know something is up. You must pack up your bags and run. I will try to fend them off." Sadie frantically stuttered. I was stunned at Sadie's revelation. "Here," she wrote something on a piece of paper and handed it to me. "You have to find your father. He should be in the house this is addressed to. Go, I will remember nothing of this conversation." All of a sudden Sadie grabbed the object in her leg and yanked it out of her. Sparks flashed everywhere. She told me to run and then she fainted.

What do you do if your sort-of best friend comes running up to you and suddenly makes things different in your relationship? What do you do if she tells you someone is after you and that you should run? What do you do when your whole life becomes a lie? Well you do what any sane person would do, you escape with your thoughts intact. (And preferably your life.) So that's what I did, I ran like I was on fire. My pulsation was hardly as fast as my footsteps. I packed a light bag of a spare set of clothes, a flashlight, my phone and charger and my aunt's bank card (hopefully she wouldn't miss it). I quickly wrote a note to my aunt:

Dear Aunt Beatrice, .

I have gone on a quest to find my father. People are after me and I can see things that frighten me beyond your comprehension. Please watch over Sadie, she will be scared and confused. As a cover story my father has found me and picked me up. If someone comes to your door and asks for me or Sadie you must act clueless. Thank you for taking me in. But I'm afraid my period of peace is over. goodbye,

~ Katherine (Please burn after reading) 

I took one last look at my room, my possessions, my life, and realized it was all over. I may have dreaded this little home, yet it now is a lot more appealing than it did a day ago. I guess you never know you love something till you have to let it go. With a bag slung over shoulder and the night sky watching over me, I ran.

The stars danced as if they rejoiced because I ran. With no idea of where I was heading, I took out the sheet of paper I received from Sadie.

Address

666 san francisco bul. NW .

turn right at the forest and left into the alley way hit the 7th brick 7 times and continue .

I felt weird. This was probably the last thing from Sadie I would ever receive. I didn't know what would happen to her and who this HQ was, but I trusted Sadie. And Sadie knew something was coming. I shook off the feelings. A bus ride would take me to the forest that outlined the town. Then I would be on my own. I guess I would walk into another town or hit an alleyway. A secret with bricks; my life is like a mysterious, interesting book. Just a series of weird events. I sighed, knowing that I don't have the bus times memorized. I thought a bus would leave soon because my father had taken one when he dropped me off two months ago, though I wasn't sure.

I jogged to the bus stop and studied a chart.. The chart was dirty and the graffiti that covered it made it harder to read but I spotted the correct time, I had surprisingly looked at the clock before I had raced off on my adventure. You'd think any other person might not believe their friend but, my mother's death didn't happen for no reason. I know my mother's death was staged, I just don't know who staged it. Fortunately a bus was coming to this stop in 10 minutes, at least that's what the chart said. I walked over to the ticket man and paid for a ticket to the outskirts of town then I flopped on the cold, damp metal bench and waited. Lucky for me, the ticket man thought nothing of a girl buying a bus ticket to the edge of town by herself. That would have been quite an interesting conversation. I shook that thought out of my head and pondered about how Sadie knew about a HQ, of why the little box in her leg stored memories, and what I had to do with any of it.

Little did I know that my life was going to be turned upside down in a few moments.