14

Sadie's POV

The men came into the small room where we were hiding. For some reason my head swiveled to watch Shawn and Lucy.I had this unexplainable feeling that I was supposed to be here.

The word terrified is an understatement of how I felt when Shawn pulled out a gun. I had the feeling he was bad, yet I never told anyone about it. I knew it was ultimately my choices that got me here today, to save my sister, to save myself. The men circled around us to guarantee no escape.

I dove in front of my beloved sister as the shot rang out.

I flopped to the ground, my back hitting the cold concrete floor one last time.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest and Katherine looked at me in horror.

All went silent and everyone froze except Lucy.

She ran to me.

I grabbed her hand, and promised this would be the last time.

And then the world faded and my mind became blank and soon the memories that once engulfed me slowly evaporated into air.

Good-bye to the life I once knew.

-Lucy POV-

"Oh my god, oh my, oh Sadie." I trembled, hugging Sadie close. Shawn gave Sadie a dirty look, he was aiming for me. Everyone in the room stared at the three of us, and I got an idea. I gently took Sadie off of me and stand up. I point at Shawn and announce for everyone to finally know. My mouth opens and, Shawn beats me to it.

"The only reason I shot at Lucy is because she is secretly part of the HQ!". I gave Shawn a look of horror and disappointment, yet he goes on.

"I have been closely watching Lucy for a very long time. She faked the scream so the attackers would find us." My mouth gapes open. I cannot say a thing. just then the guards take hold of all of us including me, the supposed traitor. Though I must say, Shawn's flick of his head and the men grabbing of us seemed to be in sync.