31

this chappie makes me giggle tbh. it's cutely, weirdly adorable ? i'm sorry in advance X'D
~~~

I walked down my stairs and into my kitchen, as soon as I woke up. I checked the fridge for something to eat, not expecting too much. To my surprise, it was filled with leftover cupcakes and drinks. On the counter there was a plate filled with cookies, ceran wrap protecting them, and a small note. 

"Brought these by this morning.

Thought you might enjoy them,

since you didn't last night.

Don't worry, I'm not creepy. (; 

-Harry

p.s. Hope you had fun last night!"

I giggled and set the note down on the counter, pulling the wrap off of the cookies. I bit into the sugary goodness. Cookies for breakfast? It was definitely the way to go. I wrapped them back up and wandered to my bathroom for my morning visit. 

I did my business, realizing I had gotten a little.. monthly visitor. I texted Sam and Marina since they were girls- it wouldn't be awkward. I hadn't had the chance to make it down to the store- the thought about this happening had completely slipped my mind. 

About 10 minutes later neither of them had texted back and I sighed. This was going to be awkward.. I considered calling Harry but I felt a little too embarrassed to do that. Since only one person had done this for me before, I decided my last hope was to ask him again. 

To Liam: Hey Li.. You up?

From Liam: Yes ma'am, you okay?

To Liam: Remember that one time I uh.. and you went to the store and got me some.. you know. 

From Liam: Hahaha! Are ya trapped on the loo again? XD

To Liam: That's not funny! Sam and Mima are asleep still I need you to be a doll and help a sista out. 

From Liam: I'll be over soon! l o l o l!!

To Liam: Thanks :\

It was already awkward enough with Liam, I couldn't imagine having that conversation with Harry. I made do with toilet paper, going out into the livingroom so I could wait for Liam. I didn't want to be trapped in there for 20 more minutes. 

From Marina: hahahaa oh dear i just woke up, need me to come over?

To Marina: it's fine i got someone xD

From Marina: oopsss :)

I went upstairs to get some extra clothes to change into. I could take a shower and be nice and fresh, even at a time like this. Although this did help explain why the cookies and cupcakes were so good, and how easy it was for me to freak out on Harry last night.

The street sounded a bit busier than usual and I hurried to pick out some stuff. Liam was probably here. I rumbled through my suitcase and grabbed my favorite sweats and sweater. I began to walk down the stairs when I heard my front door open. I was sure I left it locked. My heart stopped and I stood still on the steps. 

"Dannica!" Harry's voice traveled through the house and I could finally breathe again. I hurried down and saw him in my living room. 

"Hi Harry." I mumbled, holding my clothes balled up in my fist. He smiled at me and went to sit on the couch. 

"Sorry for not calling first, I was just going to surprise you. I know you hate that but," he chuckled, "I just can't get enough of you." he said barely above a whisper. I smiled brightly at him, my heart beating faster than usual. Was this what it felt like to love someone? Because I absolutely adored him.

"Well actually, it's not a very good time." I awkwardly muttered. 

"Were you about to shower?" he asked curiously. 

"Well yeah, I was." I laughed. 

"Can I wait?" he asked me kindly, "Or would you like me to leave? I probably should have asked first." he stood up and started to walk towards the door. Liam pulled up to my front yard and I could see him getting out of his car. 

"No it's fine Harry, I just-" I felt nervous. I wasn't embarrassed that I was a girl, I was just not about to have that conversation with him. And I was even more un-ready to have a conversation of why Liam was the one bringing me tampons right now. 

There was a knock on the door and I could see Harry look at me curiously. He turned around and opened the door, Liam standing there with a grocery bag. I slapped my forehead, not looking up at either of them. "Perfect timing." I whispered. 

"Hey Liam," Harry greeted him with a bro-hug, otherwise known as a sideways highfive, fistbump and one armed hug. "What's going on?" he asked as calmly as possible, although I knew Harry was probably going to turn into a hot-headed asshole. 

"Just stopping by to bring Dani uh," he looked at the bag then back at me, as I shook my head in shame, "turtle food?" he guessed, naming a random object. Great cover up Liam, thanks for bringing my non-existent turtle some food, we were running low.

I'm guessing that Harry was able to get a glimpse in the bag, because he looked at me with the funniest smile, making me turn bright red. But then he frowned at looked at Liam seriously, about ready to punch him in the face. "You know," he grabbed the bag and passed it over to me.

"She's my girlfriend." he warned Liam harshly, "I can bring her some uh," he chuckled, looking back at me, "some turtle food on my own." he turned back to face Liam. 

"You know what's funny is that," Liam scoffed in reply, putting his hand to his chin as if he was thinking, "I believe your girlfriend," he mocked Harry, "asked me to help her out this time. And aslong as she's coming to me, I'll make sure she has everything she needs." he answered in a cocky manner. 

"Just a heads up," Harry turned, getting all up in Liam's face. Did I really just cause a fight because I needed some womanly products? "Liam. I'm all that my girlfriend needs, so you won't have to worry about her anymore." 

"You just keep telling yourself that." he patted Harry's shoulder, making Harry flinch away furiously. I stoof on my tippy toes anxiously, biting at my lip. 

"Okay, thanks Liam." I thanked him quickly, giving him a look that meant he should probably leave. I didn't want anything to turn nasty. "I'm going to just, feed my turtle. He's in the bath tub right now," I lingered on my words, running into the downstairs bathroom. 

I showered slowly, taking my time. Hopefully Harry would leave or forget. Probably not, but the more I told myself that, the more convincing it'd be. I got out and got dressed in my sweats, heading out into the living room. He was waiting for me on the couch, playing on his phone. 

"Hi." I muttered quietly. 

"Hey babe," he chuckled. I practically waddled over to him, sitting on the couch next to him. "Did you have a nice shower?" he asked me, looking back at the game on his phone. He was such a geek, playing Candy Crush. 

"I suppose." I crinkled my eyebrows together. That always seemed like such an odd question to me. 

"That's good." 

"Yep." It got silent between the two of us. I sighed loudly, leaning over on the arm of the couch, stretching out. My head, arms and most of my body dangled upside down, almost touching the ground. I felt something pull on my legs; Harry was pulling me back up. "Nooo," I cried. 

"Dani," he laughed in a pouty manner. 

"I want to be a bat or a monkey, or an opposum!" I listed off animals that enjoyed hanging upside down. Except, I pronounced opposum with the o at the beginning, so it was 'O-Possum'. He slid me up the side so my legs were laying over him and my head was resting on the arm of the couch. "Hmph." I hmphed him, looking away as I crossed my arms. 

"What?" he mocked me.

"You sir, are no friend to the dangling animal species." 

"That doesn't exist." he chuckled deeply, his dimples showing. I got up and on my knees, leaning over in his face. I pointed accusingly at him, gritted teeth and all. 

"You don't exist!" 

"If I didn't exist, could I," He puckered his lips and kissed me. I pouted my lips out and sat back down on the seat, feeling like I had just been cheated. That wasn't fair. I wasn't ready to be kissed all of a sudden. I giggled and glared at him. 

"You're making me feel all giddy inside and I don't like it." I mumbled, looking down at the couch. 

"You don't like it?"

"Yes. I dislike it. Me no likey. Do I have to put this another way for you to understand?" I rambled on, taking his hand and messing around with his fingers as I spoke. I looked up at him and he rolled his eyes at me jokingly. 

"So I have a question." he started, and I knew what was coming. 

"I'm busy." I spat out something random to avoid this topic. 

"Right," he laughed sarcastically, slowly settling down. "Dani why did you call Liam over?" he asked me quietly. I started to feel guilty. He sounded so hurt. Like I didn't trust him or want him in my life. But that was definitely not the case. 

"Uh, well you see. There's a very good technical reason for how that all sprouted about," I began to speak, trying to sound smart. Not sure why I was trying to- I just was. "But I'm just going to say that he was the only one I wanted to do it." I explained. 

"I really hope that came out differently than you had planned." He looked at me harshly. I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes for a second. I guess I had to do this the hard way. 

"I texted Sam and Marina and they were both asleep and see I considered asking you but then I was like, 'Oh my gosh that's so awkward he's going to laugh at me, and then maybe he'll possibly be grossed out because boys are stupid, so I should just save that for way in the future and not like one week into us,'"I rambled on, barely taking any breaths, "And then since I didn't want to ask you, I asked Liam because he had been a bro and done it for me in the past." 

"Oh." he said in realization, "So you were embarrassed?" he asked me in a funny voice, holding in his laughs. 

"See, you're making this even more embarrassing." I mumbled, looking away from him. I rested my hand on my chin, my fingers covering my mouth. 

"You're so funny, don't you know that?" he asked me, letting his laughs out finally. 

"Yeah, yeah." I shooed him away with my open hand. He leaned over and wrapped his arms around me, turning me over and embracing me tightly. I let out giggles as I tried to push him off of me, but it was no use. 

~~~

"Harry," I whispered quietly as I looked at the clock. He looked up at me with half of a cookie shoved in his mouth, his eyes wide. I giggled and slapped my hand over my mouth. 

"What?" he whispered back to me, very loudly. 

"It's midnight." I stated, still whispering across the room to him. He finished chewing his food and swallowed it, wiping the crumbs off of his face. 

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" He shouted, making me spazz a bit as I jumped in the air, scared of his sudden outburst. The two of us slammed ourhand on the counter as we laughed together, even though it wasn't actually funny. 

From the livingroom we could hear Louis laughing to himself, and I looked at Harry curiously. "Happy New Year." Louis muttered to himelf, followed by another hysterical laugh. This only caused me and Harry to laugh even harder together. 

"Harry shh, I have an idea. Go hide in.. the fridge or something." I whispered to him. I couldn't think of a very good hiding place right now, if it wasn't apparent. He nodded and went to hide in the pantry. 

"Hey Lou," I walked out into the livingroom, nonchalantly. "Why are you laughing so hard?" I asked curiously, standing by him as he sat on the couch. 

"Because you and Harry are literally crackheads." he chuckled to himself, taking a bite out of his beef jerky stick. I rose my eyebrows at him and stared at him with a very confused and questioning look. "What?" he asked harshly. 

"What are you talking about?"

"You and Harry talking about New Years. It was so randomly, stupid and funny." he smiled, chuckling once again to himself. 

"Uh Lou, are you okay?" I asked him cautiously, putting the back of my hand to his forehead to check for a temperature. He swatted away my hand and looked at me as if I was crazy. 

"I'm fine, what's gotten into you?" he stared at me. 

"Harry isn't here." I told him with a straight face. 

"What do you mean, Harry isn't here?" he mocked my voice, his face twisting up in annoyance. I nodded at him once, and he stood up. "You were just talking to him in the kitchen." he grumbled, going to walk into the kitchen. I looked at him confusedly. 

"No I wasn't." I followed behind him. He stepped into the kitchen and I turned on the light as I stepped in with him. "See? He's not in here." I told him, shrugging my arms. 

"I literally just heard him." he said to himself, seeming a bit weirded out. 

"Maybe it was in your head." I told him, trying to trick him. He stood in the middle of the kitchen, seeming a bit stumped. 

"Maybe I need to get some sleep." he shook his head. He started to walk over to the pantry. "But I need another slim jim, that was so good." he groaned, opening to door. He turned to look away from me and into the pantry. Harry jumped out at him, making Louis scream and run halfway across the room. 

"God damnit! FUCK!" Louis shouted, turning back around at us once he was in the opposite side of the kitchen. "You guys aren't bloody funny, you assholes." he continued to curse at us, clearly annoyed and embarrassed. 

Harry and I could hardly breathe as we laughed, not able to contain ourselves. I walked over to him and hugged him tightly, as he wrapped his arm over my shoulder. "Go to bed you two." Louis mumbled angrily, slamming the door shut. 

"Lou that's not fair." I whined, not wanting to go to bed. 

"What's not fair is that Maria made me come over here so you guys could spend the night." he growled at us. 

"Then leave." Harry shrugged and Louis laughed sarcastically. 

"Right, okay. We don't need anymore little people running around the house, Dannica is enough already." Louis scoffed, biting into his slim jim. Harry and I looked at each other before laughing. 

"Pft! Like we would," I pointed between the two of us, laughing, "yeah right!" I giggled, and Harry rolled his eyes. 

"I think he gets it." he grunted. 

"Oh don't get so butthurt." I giggled. 

"Goodnight guys." Louis waved to us. 

"You're old enough to be our friend, not our dad." I scowled at him. I knew he was in charge but he didn't have to act like he was the big boss of us. We were all practically the same age. There was like a 2 or 3 year age difference. 

"Well," he sighed, seeming a bit disappointed. He didn't have anything to say to that. 

"Why do you and Maria have such a big age difference anyways. Like if I had a new sibling right now I'd freak. And you and her are more than 17 years apart, right?" I asked him curiously. 

"Because my parents didn't have a Louis watching over them when they spent the night together 20 years later. Do you see the relation?" he rolled his eyes and chuckled. It made perfect sense now. It wasn't something I wanted to hear.. but it made sense. "And I am your friend, don't think I want to be like this." he mumbled, walking back into the livingroom. 

Harry and I went up the stairs to my bedroom. I told him to go in, and I ran down the stairs back out to Louis. I leaned over on the couch and gave Louis a big hug, whispering in his ear. "I love you Lou. You are my best friend and I am glad to have you hear to make sure we're safe." I reminded him, kissing his cheek. 

"I love you too Dani. Goodnight." he smiled kindly at me. I went back up the stairs to lay down for bed. Harry was trying to make a bed out of a bean bag I had laying in my closet. I rolled my eyes at him and laughed. 

"Look, I'm not about to do the dirty. I'm fine with sharing my bed." I giggled, patting my bed. He chuckled along and came to lay on top of the covers. "We can even make a fort between us with pillows, if that makes you feel safe." I winked at him. 

"But then you'd be so far." he whined, scooting closer to me. I turned on my side so I could talk to him some more before we went to bed. "You know what Dannica?" he asked me quietly, playing with a strand of my hair. 

"What?" 

"I'm giving you a nickname. You are now, Dannica Bananica." he stated proudly, a huge grin across his face. 

"That doesn't even make sense, Harry." I smiled back at him, compeltely confused. But I still enjoyed it. 

"Well, does it make you happy?" he asked me curiously. 

"I guess." I shrugged the best I could, pulling my blanket up further over me. He adjusted himself so he could get under the blanket as well, copying me.

"And does it make you smile?"

"I'm smiling aren't I?" I teased him, smiling with all of my teeth in a cheesy manner. "Just kidding." I closed my mouth and smiled with only my lips. 

"Don't be kidding," he shook his head at me, "You look absolutely adorable when you smile like that." he complimented me, making my cheeks turn red. I nibbled on my lip as he spoke. "Anyways, it's your new nickname." he proudly stated. 

"But, what if my name was Donica. You can't say Donica Bononica!" I reminded him, although it was completely irrelevant. And it made absolutely no sense at all. 

"Now you're the one not making any sense Dani." he laughed to himself. 

"Well I'm just saying. Like, what if my name was Donica? It wouldn't work!" I said sweetly, just rambling on. "WAIT!" I shouted, coming to a realization, "I have to give you a nickname now. Let me think," I said softly, "Oh, I know. Harry Berry." I said happily. 

He chuckled and nodded. "That was really lame, your name sucks." I pouted to him. 

"Okay, Donica." he mocked me, pretending to be offended. 

"Don't worry, I can make it better." I assured him, patting his shoulder softly. "StrawbHarry!" I announced. It did sound way cooler, minus the fact that I pronounced my 'H' in 'Harry' a bit too loud and awkwardly. 

"You sound like you're having a breathing problem." he noted, making fun of me. 

"It's not funny!" I exclaimed, "Maybe I am." I snobbishly told him, trying to make him feel guilty. For all he knew I could have problems pronouncing H's and it'd be rude of him to comment on it. 

"StrawbHarry!" he mimicked me, over exaggerating the name Harry when he said it, just like I did. 

"You should be greatful I gave you such a good nickname!" I pouted, looking at him with big pouty lips and puppy dog eyes. 

"Whatever you say, Donica." he mimicked me once again. It was adorable, but I was pretending to be mad at him so I turned away, crossing my arms. He chuckled and tried to turn me over, but I'd pull away from him every time he touched me. 

"Excuse me, I'm sleeping." I mumbled to him, trying to make him stop attempting to turn me over. 

"God Dannica, this is exactly why I love you." 

Love?

~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I might do a double update today if you guys go to my q&a chappie and ask me questions... ~~ look at me, blackmailing you guys. NOT REALLY BUT ANYWAYS. LOL. 
Please vote and comment what you thought of this chappie! ♥

Stats:
Oct. 10, 2013
25,297 reads, 1,165 votes, 564 comments
teen fic#392
fan fic#261