Chapter 17 *Last Chapter*

Recap:

It was now lunch and instead of going to the cafeteria like normally, I sat outside on the bleachers and worked on some of my homework.

A few minutes before the bell was about to ring I went to my locker to switch out my books. I put in my combination and opened the small metal door.

When I did this something small fell out.

I reached down and picked it up and I saw that it was a small piece of paper.

A sticky-note.

Kara's POV

I looked to my left and then to my right, but I saw no one in the hallway. I glanced back down at the sticky note I held in my hands. I already knew who wrote it, I mean its pretty obvious that is was Jace. It was his handwriting.

What is written on it is a different story though.

Without any more thoughts I opened it up. There on the small square piece of paper was two words and a time. Only two words and one time.

Hudson Park.

8:00 p.m.

That was all it said. I honestly didn't know what it would say or what I expected to say but for some reason I thought that maybe, just maybe that it would be something...sweet? Or maybe that he forgave me and then he would come around the corner and hug and kiss me and then we would live happily ever after.

Yeah, I watch way too many romance movies.

I shoved the sticky note into my pocket and grabbed the books I needed just when the bell rang over head. Shutting my locker, I turned and headed to my class. English which I have with Max. I guess I can't avoid everyone forever.

I hurried and got to class, luckily before Max, and I took my normal seat. My eyes wandered over to the window that stood beside me and I stared at the courtyard below.

"Why have you been ignoring everyone today?"

I jumped at the sound of Max's voice. When I turned and faced him I saw that he had his arms crossed and he wore a look of confusion mixed with hurt. I could see it plain as day.

With a small sigh, I answered him," I just don't have anything to say I guess." What I said wasn't a complete lie. I honestly didn't want to talk about what happened.

"Yeah ok. When you want to tell why you have been ignoring us then let me know." Max said with an irritated tone. Then he turned away and ignored me for the rest of class.

Great I have made yet another person mad.

I grumbled for the rest of school and all the way back to my house. Now since I was in a bad mood all I wanted to do is lay in my bed a maybe cry a little. Or a lot. Whatever works.

I probably sound so pathetic right now but honestly I don't care. I have now lost my friends and the one guy I gave my heart out to. Its all my fault.

Sure enough, when I got home I did exactly what I said I would. I layed in my bed but surprisingly not a single tear fell.

By the time the sun started to set, I had looked at every little detail on my ceiling. I hadn't moved from my spot over the three hour that had passed. There was no need too. That is until something flew into my window.

It startled me and I quickly sat up thinking that a bird or a monster had flew into my room.. I looked around on the floor and saw what had flew into my room. It was a rock.