Chapter 11

Kara's POV

'Maybe I should just skip today and go home.' I thought to myself as I stared up at the high school campus in front of me.

I was debating on whether to just leave and go back home. Reason number one being Jessica and Taylor don't speak to me any more which means I have nowhere to sit at lunch, and reason two I don't want to see Max.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to see me either since I pushed him away when he kissed me. Plus I ran from his house. I'm a coward.

Turning on my heels, I started to walk back to my car to go home or somewhere. Somewhere other than here.

I made it a few feet before I heard someone call out my name. I frowned and then stopped in place and turned around to see who call my name.

My eyes widened as I saw that it was Max who had called out my name. Dang it, I was hoping to avoid him.

Maybe I could run away and act like I did hear anything, but for some reason I found myself walking towards him. I stood in front of him, but I refused to meet his eyes.

"Kara, I know its you."

I looked up and meet Max's eyes. I honestly had know clue what he meant by that so I gave him a look of confusion.

"Huh?" I finally asked.

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair and looked at the ground and then back up at me. What it the world is he talking about?

"The sticky-notes that Jace is getting, I know they are from you."

I froze. I didn't move or breath. I just froze in that spot.

It wasn't until my lungs started to burn from the lack of air that I moved. I blinked up at him and he just stared back at me.

"What are you talking a-about?" I asked and I cursed myself for shuddering at the end.

"You don't have to lie, Kara. I promise I won't tell him, but you will have to tell him sometime you know." He told me and I knew that he was right but I wasn't going to tell him anytime soon that's for sure.

"Thank you for that, but can I ask you one thing? How did you even find out?" I asked him. I really did want to know.

"Make sure you don't drop your sticky notes. Someone might find them and read them." He told me before he turned and left, leaving me dumbfounded.

The shrill of the five minute warning bell overhead shook me out of it and signaled that I better had head to class. I guess I wouldn't be skipping now.

__

It was lunch and I had nowhere to sit like I said before. I wasn't hungry so I didn't even go to the lunchroom so instead I sat in the library.

As I sat there, I had this feeling like I had to do something. Then it hit me, I was supposed to put my response sticky note on the plastic tree in the principal's office!

I looked up at the clock on the wall and I saw that I still had thirty minutes before lunch. I need to come up with a plan and fast.

In about five minutes I had came up with three options:

A: Get in trouble and get sent to the office.

B: Make up some excuse to see the principle

Or

C: Sneak in

Well, I can most definitely mark plan A off the list. It would be a joke to see me in the principal's office in trouble. Stupid goody two shoes recored.

Plan B isn't too bad as long as I come up with a good excuse. Then again i'm not that good of a liar. So yeah.

Plan C wouldn't be too bad if I could really do it.

After thinking over my options once more, I decided that plan C would probably be my best option to go with.

I pulled out the folded up sticky note out of my backpack and re-read my response once more. As I said before, I am not telling him who I am just yet.

My response was simple.

'You are right, I do know you and you do know me.'

I folded it up once more and got up and gathered my things and walked to the office. I took a deep breath before entering the office and approaching the front desk.

"Hello Ms.Foxx. What can I help you with today?" Mary,the office secretary, asked as she gave me a bright smile.

I shot her a smile before I spoke. "Is Mr.Longworth in right now?" I asked her, hoping that the principle wasn't in there at that moment.

"No he isn't at the moment. Sorry Ms.Foxx."

Yes perfect.

"Oh ok, well I will just come back later. Oh and by the way the printer in the workroom is jammed." I lied.

I was pretty proud of myself for making up a believable lie. Mary seemed to believe it because she jumped up and went to go fix it.

I took this chance and I slipped into the principal's office. I saw that old plastic tree sitting over in the corner collecting dust.

I quickly stuck the sticky note to the plastic tree, not somewhere where you could clearly see it though.

Making my way back to the door to leave, I tripped over my own two feet and fell to the floor.

I didn't realize that someone else had walked into the room until that person cleared their throat. Which caused my head to snap in that direction.

There stood Mr.Longworth with his arms crossed.

"Miss.Foxx, what on earth are you doing sprawled across my office floor?" He asked me.

I felt my cheeks heat up and I knew I had to come up with an excuse quick. Hopefully I can come up with a believable excuse and not screw this up.

I quickly jumped up and scanned the room for an idea. My eyes landed on a pencil sitting on his desk and before I could think, my mouth started speaking.

"I wanted to tell you about the pencil problem. Yeah that. Uh, us as students don't get pencils provided and I find that bad since I often forget my pencil in another class or I break mine. I understand that the school would have to buy a bunch of pencils. Then again they would have to kill a lot of trees to do that and trees are good for the environment." I rambled.

I looked up at Mr.Longworth who wore a very confused look. I don't blame him, I just confused myself.

He cleared his throat once again. "Thank you for your concern Miss.Foxx. I will look into that. Now if you would please go, I have a student coming in soon."

I nodded my head and basically ran out of the room. That was embarrassing.

Since I had nothing else to do and it was only ten minutes til class, I headed in the direction of my english class which I had with Max.

I enter the class when the intercom system came on over head.

'Jace Phillips to the principal's office.'

Well, I got out just in time.