Chapter 5

Kara's POV

I put the phone to my ear and took an intake of air. My feet carried me back and forth as I waited for my mother to pick up on the other end. The annoying IV pole kept getting tangled with everything and it was really getting annoying. Maybe I could just rip it-

'Hello, Janet Foxx speaking.'

My thoughts were cut off and I let out a sigh of relief when I heard my mother's voice on the other end.

'Mom.'

It was a simple word.

'Kara?' My mother questioned.

'Yeah mom its me. I kinda got into a skating accident and well, I'm in the hospital and I need either you or dad to come sign the release form.' I told her.

There was silence on the other end for a few moments and that worried me. I did not want to stay in the hospital anymore.

'I guess I can try and be there by tomorrow. Even if I get on a flight right this moment it will be about 9 hours seeing that we are in London right now.'

Groaning, I told her that it would be fine and we said our goodbyes and we hung up. Looks like I will be staying here one more night.

___

Hours later I had talked to the doctor and I was currently sitting here bored out of my mind. I was so bored that I even called Jessica and Taylor to see if they wanted to come by.

They told me they couldn't because there was a huge party being thrown tonight and they had to attend to keep up their reputation.

So I sat here and I stared at the wall. I hope that my mother will be here soon, but as she said it will be at least nine hours.

I'm glad that it's now Saturday so I don't have to miss school. As I said before, I am a goody two shoes.

There was a knock on the door and I stared at it in confusion. I wasn't expecting anyone besides my mother.

The door opened and in walked Max. This surprised me. I mean sure I guess you could call us friends but not even my 'best' friends will come by.

"Hey Kara. How's your head?" Max asked me as he took a seat in the plastic chair beside the bed.

I just stared at him for a moment before shaking my head slightly. I should be happy that he is here and he can save me from my boredom.

"Uh hey Max and it's alright I guess. It still hurts a bit." I responded truthfully.

He looked around the room and I saw his eyes land on my stuff that was packed up and ready to leave.

"They released you? Why are you still here then?" He asked giving me a questioning look.

I sighed and fell back on the hospital bed, which was a terrible idea. The impact of my head hitting the not so soft mattress caused it to throb even more.

I heard a chuckle coming from Max and when I looked at him I saw him trying to contain a laugh. Glad to know my pain is funny.

"You might not want to do that. Are you ok though?" Max suggested with a laugh

Groaning I threw my hand up to give him a thumbs up. I couldn't help it but I laughed too. I laughed at my stupidity.

It's crazy that here I am laughing with a guy that I have know for what, a week, and my "best friends" won't even come by to hang out with me.

Crazy.

____

My mom finally got to the hospital early Sunday morning and she signed the release form and the minute she did, I was out of that place.

I hate hospitals with a passion and having to spend three days there was just plain horrible. I hope I don't have to go back there for a very long time.

For the rest of Sunday my mother asked me a crap load of questions and I even got a lecture about how I need to be more careful and what not.

After being interrogated but my mother, she left once more even though she was home for maybe a total of six hours.

Now it is Monday morning and I am currently driving to school. My car is way different from all the others that are parked in the school parking lot.

In the parking lot you will find Mustangs, BMW's, Porches, and other cars like that. Me on the other hand, I have 2010 Honda Civic and I am perfectly fine with it.

Sure I could easily have one of these cars that are in the parking lot but I don't want one. My mother thought I was crazy when I chose this car.

I reached in the seat next to me and grabbed my book-bag. I stepped out of my car and walked up to the school entrance.

I can already tell that this is going to be a long day.

_____

Jace's POV

I hopped off my skateboard and walked into school.

I hate Mondays with a passion and something about this Monday made me hate them more. Maybe it was due to me getting little sleep.

So many thoughts ran through my head this weekend and I couldn't seem to shake them. Something that really freaked me out was that most of my thoughts were revolved around that girl Kara. I don't even have a clue why.

It really frustrated me. I don't even know this chick, but yet she won't get out of my mind. I have wondered if she was ok. Max said that he went and saw her and that she had a concussion and had to get staples, but that she got to come home.

I almost went with him but I stopped myself. I don't need to get a girl involved in my life or with me.

She needs to get out of my mind.

Another thing that was taking up my thoughts was this mystery girl. The one that writes the sticky notes, yeah that one.

After thinking about her question all weekend, I finally came up with an answer.

I reached the place where I was to put the sticky note and I read over my answer once more before I stuck it on the bottom of the water fountain by the front doors.

'You interest me'

That was my response back to her question asking why did I write back. What I wrote back was the truth.

She did interest me.

And it wasn't a good thing.