Prologue

Every nerve in my body screamed. 

I grasped at the gaping hole in my thigh. A jagged piece of glass stuck out of the deep flesh wound, which bled a steady ruby stream. The thousands of small cuts over my body added even more agony, like fire.

 Finally I couldn't stand any longer. With all the fight inside of me my last drops of energy weren't enough, and I hit the ground forcefully, further shattering the crystal pieces beneath my beaten body. A throbbing pain came from my jaw, and I knew that it was almost time. 

The dust in the air barely settling for a moment. I clawed at the shards of glass dug deeper into my flesh, the last remaining breath from my lungs dissipating. Blood began to ooze from the artery in my thigh, pooling around me and seeping into my jeans.

The sound of those still fighting in forms of muffled grunts and of the sounds of thrown punches finding their target. Amber flames reached for the sky, engulfing and devouring whatever they could.

Bells rung through my ears, my vision suddenly foggy as if I was in a blanket of cloud cover. The foundations of the mansion surrounding me stood at an awkward angle, candles lay on their sides among the glass and pieces of scattered paper. It was obvious that even here, the building was about to collapse and take us with it.

A figure was flung to the ground with a violent Thump, then soon after a second followed. I jerked my head to the side, watching the few friends I had fall. A wet drop trickled from my nose, spreading onto my lips and teeth. The metallic taste made me want to hurl, but no matter how much I wanted to get away, I couldn't.

One figure got up and continued to fight, another however laid still. I knew he would get up I knew it. But he didn't move, I couldn't help but scream.

I tried to pull myself along the marble floors, but every movement caused me to cry out in agony. The artery in my thigh was severed, there was so much blood. To the point where It felt like swimming.

Heavy boots thumped towards me, followed by the odd sound of heels. I couldn't see clearly who it was, but I knew immediately who the figures were. It was over now, they had found me. I looked back at the unconscious kid, and the dark haired man fighting for his life. 

The brute of a man crouched to my level, yanking at my hair. I gritted my teeth, I would never give them what they wanted, I sprayed blood into the man's face. In response,  he dangled a singed photo in front of me, smirking victoriously. 

"See this bitch?"He grinned. I didn't believe it, I couldn't. I looked at that image, and knew that as long as I lived, what was on it would haunt me.

"This time you'll die for real."