Chapter 1: Big Bad Wolf [Part 1]

Dedicated to @The_Wolf_Lover01, best friend and world, I love you for all that you have done for me, all the times you have been there for me. You're my sister. xxx. Please note that this chapter was previously 1 large part and has now been split into 2 parts.

Everyone was trying to catch a glimpse of the large poster that was being pinned to the notice board, each of them looking over each other's heads. Students clustered together, some pushing to get through the mass of people. 

I felt a sharp pinch on my toes, the girl who's boot was on my foot turned and glared icily at me before resuming with her conversation.

Turning from the notice board, the Headmaster ushered the crowd into silence and fixed the crisp, new paper. The group of teenagers slowly grew quiet in anticipation until there was not a peep. I could barely read the lettering spilled out over the page, and had to squint to be able to read it.

New Curfew

Headmaster Palmer cleared his throat, gesturing his urge to speak and desire for his delinquent students to be silent. He spoke in a heavy, almost unplacable European accent that often made him difficult to understand.

"Due to the recent circumstances, no student will be let out of the compound after 7pm. No exceptions." 

The Headmaster rubbed his hands together as if he were somewhat pleased with himself. He adjusted his rimless glasses along his wide wrinkled nose and looked down at us.

"If we see or hear of any student outside the school grounds the permission of a teacher will be dealt with harshly."

The frustration radiated from the majority of the student body. Hormones and angst flooded the common room. A lengthy groan escaped my lips, unheard beneath the other protests.

The main floor was packed like tinned sardines. The amount of people made the enclosed space incredibly warm and stuffy, making the back of my neck damp. I was squished up against several students, who turned, ranting their friends. The lack of ventilation throughout the century old building didn't help either.

Next to me, a boy was clearly irritated at the new rule. Irate that he wouldn't be able to spend the weekend wandering campus, probably smoking something he shouldn't be.

"This is not happening!" The boy said huffed, as he folded his arms around his chest. I shifted in order to avoid elbowing another student behind me.

The dozens of students surrounding the notice board all sighed with exasperation, some shouting obscenities, others already anticipating an after curfew party. Except for Reece.

Reece was that little brother like friend you just wanted to be a bad influence on. His young face was the only face within the crowd that was not scrunched up like they had just eaten a sour apple.

Reece sat on the windowsill at the far back of the room, nose embedded in a hardcover book he was reading, dishwater blonde hair falling into his eyes.

All of the students at St Tournes were Sophomores or older and were typically over the age of fifteen or sixteen, and most of their faces had already matured. Some of them even showing of the little facial hair they had or their plump breasts hidden underneath their uniforms.

Reece however maintained his boyish charm and somewhat playful attitude, which sometimes made him hard to take seriously.

Almost gleefully Reece glanced up from his book and caught my gaze from across the room. 

He waved with a smile, jumping up from his seat and leaning on the redwood door frame going up to the dormitories.

"Leslie come on!" He shouted enthusiastically over the crowed.