:Twenty-Three:

Andy eventually changed his shoes properly and followed Joe out to his car as the started driving to a side of town that Andy had never been to before.

   "Where are we going?" Andy asked as Joe stopped at a red light.

   "Sorry, sweets, I can't tell you that quite yet." Joe smirked and Andy groaned.

   "You're a stubborn little guy." Andy muttered sarcastically and Joe laughed, poking Andy's side as he started driving again.

   They talked as Joe drove further into town until they ended up at the beach. Joe stepped out and walked over to get Andy's door, taking his hand as they walked down the sand onto a deserted part of the beach.

   The sunset casted a beautiful canvas of swirls of blue and pink with specks of orange peaking out every now and then. It was stunning to say the least. The perfect ending to a perfect night. Well, as far as Andy knew. The night was still far from over.

   "Sit." Joe gently commanded as he led Andy to a pre-lit fire pit.

   Andy sat himself down in the sand, taking off his shoes as Joe sat beside him. Andy let his feet slide around in the sand as the heat from the fire warmed his face. Andy turned to look at Joe who was already staring right at him.

   "Thanks for tonight." Andy said, leaning gently onto Joe side as Joe wrapped an arm around Andy's shoulders and smiled.

   "No problem, cupcake." Joe responded.

   "Cupcake?"

   "Suits you." Joe said in stoic, not looking away from his place on the fire in front of him.

   Andy blushed and hid the side of his face in the crook of Joe's neck as he looked longingly up at the sky, watching it turn from pastel purples to dark blues as an indication that night was falling close.

"You're really cute, I hope you realize that." Joe whispered, not wanting to disturb whatever calming moment had fallen amongst the boys.

"But you are, too." Andy retorted, moving his face from Joe's neck to face him properly.

"How'd I get so lucky to meet such a swell guy like you?" Andy asked and Joe let out a little squeal.

"I have never heard someone unironically use the term 'swell' before, you're the cutest." Joe beamed and Andy let his face grow red.

   "Shut up." Andy mewled.

   "Make me." Joe smirked.

   Andy looked down at Joe's lips, feeling their faces increasingly get closer. Andy thought for a moment and took his chance, grabbing the sides of Joe's face and pushing their lips together. Joe hummed in a happy contended sigh and wrapped his arms lazily around Andy's body, pulling him close.

"I love you." Joe slipped out upon pulling away from Andy, only to realize what he said.

He pulled away and put a hand over his mouth, looking up at Andy. He slid his hand down from his face and placed it in the sand, trying to avoid Andy's gaze as he played with the sand between his fingers.

"Andy, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that so soon it just slippe-"

Andy chuckled and pressed a hard kiss on Joe's mouth again.

"I love you too, you nerd." Andy said happily, resting his forehead against Joe's.

   "You don't think it's to early? We aren't even dating yet." Joe commented and Andy smiled.

   "Joe, will you be my boyfriend?" Andy whispered, mildly anxious of whatever Joe's answer may be.

   Joe let out a little sigh and chuckled under his breath as he grabbed one of Andy's hands and linked their fingers together.

   "I would love nothing more." Joe beamed and Andy looked into Joe's eyes in admiration.

   Joe kissed Andy again, pushing gently against him until Andy's back was on the sand and Joe was on top of him. They kissed for a few minutes, admiring each others mouth as they held each other close, the only noise being heard being the crackle of the fire and the gently hum of the waves not far from their point on the sand.

   "I love you, Joe." Andy repeated, running a hand along Joe's lower back lovingly.

   "I love you too, Andy."

+

   I'm such a sentimentalist kill me this chapter is probably one of the cheesiest things I've ever written heck~Andrew