Home Invasion

"Did the evening proceed as planned, Grayson?" Damian asks. I leaning against a wall (wearing my Batgirl suit because we all would have to go on patrol soon) raise a brow at the boy. I've never understood Damian, he's so grown up for his age it's not even real. When you look at a random kid and you hear them talk like he does you think it's a joke but when you take Damian and well, put that in Damian it's like you're the immature one. It's actually uncomfortable. But you sure do have to love the kid to put up with him. "Quite..." Richard (I'm going to be calling him by multiple names as you can tell) glances at me then turns back to the computer "nice actually.". I blush a little and Damian looks between us then rolls his eyes. "Oh my god..." Richard gasps. "What?" I walk up to the side of him and look on the computer. "We were right, the kidnappers do work for Johnson Tech. Look" he points to the screen. "Wait." Damian says, I look at him "That's the same serum father was drugged with a year ago." A shiver runs down my back remembering everything that happened that day. "Are you saying this has been going on that long and we just now noticed?" I ask. "Yes. Grayson, Do you believe father was might have been used as a test run?" "There is a possibility but why would they start kidnapping normal people now?" Grayson questions clicking through the file. "Because he's not normal." I say out loud, they look at me "what if they tested it on him to see how it would react to a stronger body, which it clearly worked. So they now know it will work on all civilians.". "Look" Dick says pointing at the computer again "That is what they did." "Ok but we know the Joker and Lex were both involved so where does that put them?" I ask. Grayson clicks through several things "I don't know, but Johnson would never do something like this. I bet they threatened him." "Does he have a wife?" I ask. "Yes" Dick nods. "Well we should have seen her tonight. What if they have her. That would make a man do anything." "Where would Luther be holding her?" Damian asks. "Maybe the Joker has her" I suggest. "It says here the project is designed to enhance and expand the brain to suggestion. Which can not be denied in less countered." Grayson reads. "So we have two rich guys and a mad man kidnapping people but for what?" I ponder. "It doesn't say." Grayson says "I just went through the whole file, all that's in there is the formula for the serum, which we can use to make and antidote and the location where they are holding the hostages." "Which is?" Damian asks. "Under the Johnson building" "Well that's seems rather obvious." "Hey, you asked" "That didn't seem like much of a secret file to me." I say. "I bet he has another one somewhere but our main priority is getting those hostages out and destroying the whole project before they have an army." Grayson says pressing a button that calls Alfred. "Alfred, tell Bruce we've figured out what is happening with Project Dex.". There's no answer. "Alfred." Grayson repeats. "Pennyworth!" Damian barks. I look over towards the elevator and it opens, I step forward to greet Alfred but stop when I realize it's not him. Five guys in black come out with guns. "GET DOWN!" I yell dropping to the ground as guns shots go off. "How did they get in here?!" Damian yells from under the table. "It doesn't matter right now, just take them out!" Grayson yells. I look around for the nearest weapon. I roll the chair in front of me blocking the bullets as they are shot then kicking it into a guy as he comes up on me. I flip over to the sword rack, tossing a katana to Damian and taking one for myself. One of the "ninjas" takes out a sword also. We lock blades in an instant. I try to get out but he is a lot stronger than me. I grunt as my blade is going to the side, if I move the wrong way he can cut me. When I see his arms move out of the way of his stomach I knee him in the stomach which allows me to unlock blades and front kick him in the face. I turn around to see Damian tying up the guys and Grayson just dropping his second. I drag my guy across the room to a chair and tie him up, preparing him for interrogation. "I'm going to go find Alfred, you two see what you can get out of him" I order and run to the elevator. When I get upstairs the clock which opens the secret passage to the cave is smashed and laying on the floor a couple of feet away that set me up to think the whole house is wrecked but it's not. I run to the first place I could think of Alfred is usually always at. The Kitchen.

I slowly creep around the corner of the Kitchen doing a quick sweep of the room. Alfred is laying on the ground behind the bar table. I rush over to him "Alfred." I shake him, he doesn't move. I put two fingers under his jaw and feel a pulse. I sigh in relief. He's alive just unconscious. I pick him up  under the arms and start dragging him to the couch in he living room. I feel very alarmed right now. Why are those guys here? Did they come to attack Bruce Wayne or Batman and if it was Batman then they know that Bruce is him then we're in trouble. And if they did come for Batman they sure were easy to take down, and you would expect a lot more than five. I lay Alfred on the couch, Then It hits me, no literately a sharp stinging sensation hits my neck. I reach up to feel it and there's something metal attached to my neck, I pull it out and look at it, it's a dart. My stomach churns as I start to panic I look around to see who else is in here and a man in black I never saw emerges from the shadows. This guy has a white mask on, I start to feel light headed as he approaches me. I hold up my fists as he swings at me. I stumble back off balance, and fall into a chair. White and sliver spots start dancing around me. I have to get to Grayson or by the looks of it I'm about to be kidnapped right out of my house. I roll off the chair as he goes to grab me, I hit the floor and start crawling unable to walk. He grabs my feet and yanks me back to him. I flip over and kick him in the unknown. He groans, I try to stand up but I end up falling back down. The drug is getting to me. A massive headache starts building quickly as I fight to stay awake. He grabs me by my cape and yanks me back then kicks me down. I reach up to my ear for my ear piece but it's not there. I swear under my breath as my vision slowly starts to fade. As he grabs me picking me up off the ground I reach my tracker on my belt and press it. The man slams me into a wall and that's when it goes south.