Nightmare

Tonight was the night we don't go on patrol. But even with a bed like mine, I could never fall asleep unless I was knocked out. It wasn't just because I was a night owl. It was just the simple fact I couldn't sleep. Sure I sleep but not like a normal person. I will wake up 400 times in the night and lay there trying to go back to sleep so I just gave up and stay up until I can't do it any longer. I was laying on my bed reading one of the Harry Potter books. When a loud yell startled me. I put down the book and got out of bed, going to Dick's room where the yell came from. I knock on the door, "Hey... You ok?" I ask a bit worried. When I didn't get a response the third time around I opened the door and went in. The room was pitch black except for
The moon light shining in from the Windows. "Hey" I called into the room, all I got was a whimper. I looked for a light but found myself tripping over something and falling in the floor. A light came on and Dick was sitting up staring at me. "What are you doing?" He asked slowly. "Well" I got up from the ground "before that embarrassing moment." I look at him seriously "I heard you scream... So I came to see if you were ok.". Even in the dim lamp light I could see him blush. "So... Are you ok?" I ask. He clears his throat "Yes. Yes I'm fine." "Are you sure?" I question. "I'm sure" he gives a assuring smile I don't buy for one second. "Dick." I say walking over to him and sitting on the bed. "You're not ok." Now that I'm closer I can tell he's sweating. "It...was just a nightmare." "What was it about?" I ask feeling like I'm stepping into uncharted territory. "I really don't want to talk about it..." He says. Of course.

Dick's POV

I really am uncomfortable right now. Not because she's here because she heard me scream. I hate when I have nightmares because all they are, are recaps of the past and it doesn't help when someone hears you scream. The one tonight was about losing my parents. (Btw I'm using the Young Justice version of his parents death) but I'm not about to tell her that. I wipe the sweat of my forehead. "Here." She says and leaves the room and in a second comes back with a rag. She sits back down and puts the rag on my forehead like I'm sick. I roll my eyes, "I'm not a baby." I tell her. She frowns, "Fine you do it." She hands me the rag "I don't have to be in here anyway." She stands up and leaves the room. I smirk and lay back putting the rag on my head and soon drifting off.

I bet you thought that was going to be romantic... Hehe didn't you? Well don't worry there will be lots of time for that my lovelies (wink wink)