Chapter 2

It's 6:30 in the morning. Why do we have to get up for school at 6:30 in the morning. I got up and got ready. I felt like crap.

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I almost threw my phone across my room. But. John?
36 missed calls?
Something's wrong.
"Hello? John? Are you there is everything alright??" I said worried
" it's Adam.... He's in the hospital......He tried killing himself." He said cold and lifeless.
I kind of stood there in shock. My toothbrush still in my mouth , and the water still running in the sink. Although I didn't know Adam , I was still in shock. I got into my moms car and drove to the hospital.
****************

"John!" I said out of breath.

He was in the room with Adam in tears. I walked up to him and sat down with him.

" He...was super happy...I-i don't get why he would do this." He said sniffing " I don't know why."

I just sat down there with him playing with his hair and rubbing his back.

" Sometimes people put a smile on there face but it either a fake smile or a real one you can't really tell them a part." I said.

He just looked at me and sighe

it's gonna be alright." I said trying to comfort as much as possible.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He turned his head to face Adam and just looked at him.

" I can't imagine how you feel right now" I said sadly.

" horrible " he replied

I put my head on his shoulder.

" it's gonna be okay. Okay?"

"Okay." He said and sighed.

I knew he wasn't okay but , what else could I do? All I could do was stay over night with him and see what the doctors say.

******************

7:30 pm In the morning :

Yesterday , I skipped school to stay the night at the hospital with John and Adam. The doctors say that he'll be alright he just need rest. I took John home after that. I tried calling him after school but , there wasn't any answer. He probably just needed a break from this whole damn situation. I did too, I mean , I didn't know Adam like that , but , I did know John. Him and John have only been dating for a month but, it was visible that he was in love with him. When I got home it was the same , Mom and Dad working late. Brother out working. My house is usually so lonely. So , you know what I did? Kicked off my pants , grabbed the tub of ice cream that was in the freezer , and turned on my favorite TV show.

Buzzzzzzzzzzz.

I immediately reached for my phone.

Text from unknown number: Hey i know it's really weird to text you out of the blue and your probably wondering how I got your number... but um I heard what happened with your friend. I just wanted to make sure if you guys are feeling okay.

I didn't know what to say. It was a genuine gesture. It was kind of sweet. I wrote him back.

ME: Hey Connor thanks for checking up on us I bet he'd really appreciate it :) They're doing alright right now the doctor said that he just need rest and needed to be checked on constantly. Again Thanks

CONNOR: No problem.

Well that was sweet. Ive never had that happened to me before I mean I've had John check on me when something bad happened but that was the only person. Even if everyone had knew what happened John, Connor was the first to check what was happening when john hadn't. I grabbed my phone to call John.

Ringgg.

"Hello?" he answered

"Hey !" I said a bit to excited " H-How are you doing ?"

" I mean I could be better but , I'm doing fine as of now....hey , thanks for calling , I'm sorry that I didn't answer yesterday , I just really needed to get my thoughts together."

" Understandable, how's he doing?"

" He's doing great actually...the doctor said all he'll need is a couple days in rehab and he'll be up and out of this hell hole."

I laughed and said , " That's good i guess, I actually have a question."

"Okay? Go on."

" It's about someone."

" Okay I'm listening???"

" It's nothing serious" I laughed. " But, he did ask if I was okay because he heard about what happened to Adam."

" Well, I mean was he the only person that asked?"

" Well, yes."

"..."

" He's totally crushing on you." he finally replied

" No he's , not you're over reacting."

"When do I not over react?"

I laughed again.

" Amy , I have to call you back Adam's waking up"

" Alright , call me back."

" I promise I will promise okay?"

"bye."

He's not going to call back but , I knew when he said promise. that's okay because he needs to spend time with Adam , and that's fine with me. I still had a full tub of ice cream so I was going to be here for a while anyway.