My Vampire Nekos No More

I feel warmth all over my body. That shouldn't be right. I was in the cemetery, and Shizuka was coming at me, something knocked her down, she screamed, and then. . .and then what? I passed out. That must mean I was saved once again. Looks like it's not my time just yet.

I focus my mind on my eyes to open them. They feel so heavy, but I don't want to sleep anymore. Or am I dead? No, that's not right either. I'm still warm and parts of me slightly throb in pain. I think death is supposed to be painless, so then I'm still alive. I just can't open my eyes. Why?

I feel pressure on me, and it feels like it's lifting me slightly. "I know you can hear me, open your eyes." The voice says to me.

"Can't. I need help."

At least I hope I said that aloud. I feel a touch to my eyes. It helps me a lot. I can finally open my eyes. I open them once, blink, and then try again. I can see that I'm no longer in the cemetery anymore. Then I guess I was out of it a lot longer than expected.

"Are you alright?" I hear that voice again. Do I know it? It doesn't sound familiar. I focus myself, and cast my eyes to the side. I see a handsome man is the one holding me. He has reddish-brown eyes. He has brown hair that is grown up to his collar with his bangs falling into his face. No ears. No longer a tiny neko.

"Kaname?" He gives me a tiny smile, and runs his fingers down my cheek. "H-how? How did you. . ." I touch his face to make sure that what I was seeing was real. It really is him. I'm not dreaming this at all. He's here, holding me.

"A-and Zero? What about him?" Kaname presses me close to him, so I can't see his face.

"For once, can you just pay attention to me without thinking about Zero?" I catch my breath at how tight his grip is.

"C-can't breathe." I tell him pulling at his shirt. His grip loosens, but he keeps me near. He's even taller than I thought he would be, and his muscle definition isn't disgustingly huge. "What happened after I passed out? I mean how did this happen?" I question him again. He sits back, and runs a finger through a strand of my hair.

Kaname and Zero knock down the body of Maria Kurenai as Shizuka is about to deal a deadly blow to Alondra who had fallen unconscious. They were allowed to go and assist with help from the others that were finishing off Shizuka and Rido's servants.

"Release me! Get off me you embarrassing beasts! I'm going to kill her!" She yells out. The two of them are small, so they can't keep her down for long as she flings them away and makes them hit the barrier Ichiru is trapped in.

"Take it easy guys! Maria is innocent of all of this!" Ichiru yells out at them as he presses against Blue Rose's barrier. Kaname stands up and glares ahead at Shizuka. She grabs her sword again and points it at them.

"I don't think she will be able to fight off Shizuka. She will not die unless we get rid of her host. There is no saving her now." Kaname tells him bluntly. Ichiru clenches his hands, not wanting to see an innocent girl be killed. He only knew her a little bit, but he does not want to see her harmed. "Shizuka-sama, please! You have to release Mari-"

"Do not speak to me, Ichiru Kiryu. You have disappointed me for the last time. I should have killed you too along with your parents. I only needed Zero." Shizuka says coldly, Maria's purple eyes turning pink as Shizuka settles deeply into her very soul. Ichiru looks at her, feeling his chest become heavy as she says something so cruel to him. She had never once spoken to him that way in all of that time.

"Shizuka-sama..." Ichiru looks down at Alondra's unconscious face. He had made his decision. He no longer wanted to see any more blood shed and live for revenge. That peace would not be possible if he kept things as they are.