The New Student is. . .WHO?!

1 week later

"Oh boy! Why did someone have to die today?!" That sounds rather cruel, but I don't like being late to school. I don't like waiting for long traffic. I wasted a good twenty minutes on the road. The worst part is that I ended up reaching the school five minutes till the tardy bell. It doesn't get any better when Kaname and Zero decided not to come to school with me today of all days! Geez! This is a weird way to start the day! It makes no sense if it were in a story!

I dialed the combination at least five times before I got my school locker to open. I put my purse (it was forced upon me), my backpack, and gigantic precalc textbook in it. I grab my gym bag, and basically take the steps down two at a time.

"Excuse me!" I internally curse as someone stops me.

"Listen, I'm running late, so I-"

"I can write you pass. But it seems we have a new student, and he is requesting for you specifically." All urges to rush to gym class leave my body, and I look at the secretary confused. A new student would ask for me specifically? I don't know anyone that was coming to the high school in my life. How would they have known I was coming by too? This is really suspicious.

"Who? I was never told about any family members coming to the high school." I tell the secretary.

"He said you'd know him if you saw him." She opens the door for me, and I hesitate, but eventually step in. This lady is a little too trusting, even she doesn't know me. At least I don't think so, I'm not the kind of student that gets sent to the office.

"No way!" Ichiru stands before me, and waves at me. Giving me a fake smile.

"Hey, Alondra." He says stepping closer, but I quickly step back.

"Ichiru Kiryu, what are you doing here?"

"Ah, so you two do know each other." The secretary says oblivious to the tense situation unfolding before her. Or she's just being stupid. One of those two. Maybe she doesn't care at all this early in the morning.

This is just great. Out of all the days I've been a hunter. . .today is the day Yagari-sensei, Zero, and Kaname decide not to come to school. Coincidence? I think not! Oh well. It's not like I can't defend myself per say. There are too many witnesses. There's no way Ichiru would try any funny business, would he? Looks like I gotta be on my toes today. I'm on my own. I'm used to it, so I'm sure I'll be fine.

"What class do you have?" I look at the secretary in disbelief. Does she not notice my clothing?

"I'm going to gym." I tell her with an eye roll.

"Alright. Here's your pass. Now get to class!" My right eye twitches, and I take the pass. I head out with Ichiru following behind me. I constantly look back at him, and find him smiling.

"You don't trust me much." No, duh!

"Of course I don't! You're helping Shizuka come after my blood! How the heck am I supposed to trust you?!" He chuckles, and I speed up towards the gymnasium.

"Now, don't be so grouchy. I'm just trying to be friendly." He grabs a hold of my bag, and I glare back at him.

"Yeah, well I'm not buying it! I'm not letting my guard down around you." I tell him as I try to pull it out of his grasp, but he holds fast.

"Let go you jerk!" I say pulling at his arm.

"I guess you make a lot more sense than that other one. You're much better." I stop my struggle, and look at him confused.

"Huh?" Ichiru takes the pass out of my grasp, and heads into the gymnasium. "The fuck?! Ichiru!" I rush after him since the pass has my name on it.