Fight Back

Simon, Jellal, and I reach the work site where everyone stood around, some running away from the men who had begun to beat them. Simon looked around to see if it was safe where we were. We collapsed behind an large stone that hadn't been mined yet, Simon panting, dropping his shovel. Jellal hung his head low, trying to catch his breath. And I, the one who kept so much hope in, still stood up, planning my next action.

"...We have to fight back...." I mumbled to myself, it was too quiet for Simon and Jellal to hear, so they just stared at me, confused.

I lifted my leg and rested my foot on a ledge on the large stone, I grabbed onto another ledge with my hand, holding on to another with my other hand, then pulled myself up and set my other foot on a ledge. I continued this until I reached the top of the stone. Simon and Jellal stared up at me, wondering what I was doing.

"What are you doing?!" Simon yelled, but not too loud for others to hear.

"I'm rebelling." I replied quickly, not stopping my climbing.

Once I stood up high on the stone, I looked down on all the hard working prisoners. I cleared my throat, then to speak out loudly.

"L-Listen up..!" I yelled out first, only getting a hand full of people's attention. 

"LISTEN UP!!!" I screamed to the top of my lungs, getting ready to start my speech. The majority of the workers looked up at me, waiting.

___________________________________________

"Hey look!"

"What is she doing..?"

"Who's that?" 

"Sh! She's going to say something."

People yelled, making /everybody/ look up at me now.

  ___________________________________________  

"We have to fight back! The sorrows that passed, all the pain that was inflicted upon us, all of that is coming to an end!! SO GET UP AND FIGHT BACK! I have hope." I screamed out, holding my chest where my heart lied. "Grab a weapon! Anything! Take all of the hope you have locked away and use it to fight back! All of this will come to an end! FIGHT....FOR YOUR FREEDOM!!! REBEL! EVERYONE! DO NOT HESITATE! WE CAN DO THIS!!!" I screamed out more at the top of my lungs, everyone surely heard me. 

  ___________________________________________  

"YEAH!"

"LET'S DO THIS!"

"NO MORE WILL WE LET THIS KEEP UP!"

  ___________________________________________  

Everyone used their tools they had, some that had nothing used their fists. They all started to fight, fight against the whole committee that hosted this death camp. I crawled down and picked up a shovel to join them, Jellal and Simon had already been out fighting, using shovels and pickaxes.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"I now know what you meant, Gramps..."

To be continued . . .