Chapter Fifteen: When You're Down, Look For Louis!

Still Emilys POV:

My heart stood still. My breath was raspy. Hot heavy tears fell down my cheeks and the pain and remorse inside me showed in big grieving sobs. Louis, crying himself, put and arm round my shoulders and I buried my face in his chest. If I was mess, which I most certainly was, it was nothing compared to the Brooke's.

Dinah was sobbing into the bed sheets, screaming 'This can't be happening!' Danielle was going mental, crying to a wall. Richard stood stock still, slow tears outing down his face whispering ,"My Charlotte. My baby Charlotte."

Then suddenly Louis shouted, "LOOK!"

I turned my head so fast my neck cracked. The heart monitor picked up, signalling her life. I gasped and then a huge spread of relief hugged me. I melted into Lou's arms, soon joined by Dinah. My eyes didn't leave Charlies bed, and within fifteen minutes she stirred. Her golden mess of hair lifted off her pillow and her pale is eyes opened, her fist clenched in pain. I let out the most high-pitched, delighted, relieved, loudest scream possible. I rushed over to her bed and engulfed her in a tight hug, letting tears flow.

"Oh, Charlie, I'm so sorry! I missed you so much and I love you, I was so worried!" then I let her and her crying family have their moment, crying happily with Louis. My best friend was alive. She was okay. She wasn't dead, and that was the only thing that mattered. Charlie had stayed silent, worrying us, as she was a huge chatterbox.

"Charl, say something!" Dinah ushered. Charlie pointed a shaky hand towards louis' face.

"Is that Louis Tomlinson?"

•••••••••••••••••

I drove me and Lou back to my house, which felt so good to be back in. I fumbled with the key, and unlocked the door.

"I'm so tired!" I yawned, and we went upstairs to my room. I slipped in Bride Wars and we settled down on my bed.

"It all started at The Plaza Hotel sixteen years ago in the month of June..." droned the film.

"Swagger jagger, swagger jagger,

You should get some of your own!" my phone sang. I looked at it. Incoming Call from Hannah Walker. I answered it.

"Hey, Hannah!" I said brightly.

"Em, is Louis with you?" Hannah asked.

"Yeah, hold on, I'll put you on loudspeaker!" I called. "There, he's here!"

"Lou, I'm breaking up with you." Hannah said bluntly. Louis didn't look sad at all. He looked indifferent. I shot him a look that said, 'Okay, Lou?' he nodded.

"I know, things haven't been right, Hannah. Friends, yeah?" Louis said.

"Of course," Hannah said, ending the call. I glanced accusingly at Louis.

"Not upset?" I questioned. He shook his head.

"We weren't working out," Louis shrugged. I smiled and gave him a hug. I tapped out Nialls number and clicked 'Call'.

He wasn't answering. I tried again. No answer. Rather upset now, I texted him: Plz pick up, babe. Ily x

Minutes layer my phone buzzed. I opened the message. I'm busy babe x

Years formed in my eyes for what felt like the hundreth time today. Too busy to answer my call but not too busy to text back? What had I done? Was I not good enough now?

Louis saw my expression. "What's the matter, Em?" he asked sympathetically.

"Nialls ignoring me," I said sadly, and my heart thumped.

"Babe, no one in thier right mind would ignore you!" Louis exclaimed. "You're mega carrot- tastic!" I smiled. It was Louis, he could cheer me up anytime. I remembered Harrys golden rule; when you're down, look for Louis.

"Louis, he's a mega famous celebrity, I'm just little old ugly Emily Daniels from Dublin, who got thrown into a tour from pity," I sighed. Louis looked slightly irritated.

"Little old Emily Daniels? Ugly? Listen, babe. You're Mischief, remember? Ugly, my aunt Fanny, you're beautiful.

Baby, you light up my world like no body else,

The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,

But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell:

You dont know, oh oh!

You don't know you're beautiful, oh oh!

That's what makes you beautiful!" Louis sang. I grinned, you couldn't HELP but love Louis.

"And Em, Harry didn't pity you! He called Simon because he saw a talented girl who loves music. I see her too. I see my best mate hiding under her stupid insecurities." Louis hugged me.

I turned off the movie and snuggled under the covers. Louis looked guilty and climbed out onto the floor.

"Don't be stupid, Carrot-Boy, you can share my bed!" I laughed. Louis chuckled and clambered in beside me. The lights went off.

"Emily, I'm still your best mate, and I'm always gonna be, no matter what," Louis smiled.

"Me too," I grinned.

Sweet lord, was I falling for Louis Tomlinson?

••••

Another chapter guys, you must be so proud! Who ships who? I can't decide! Are you glad Charlies alive? Why is Niall ignoring Emily?

Love

Miss Horanette

Lana

Peace out!

xxx