Chapter 65 - End of an Era?

Start from the beginning

Gall let out a loud yell as he brought his arm up revealing to Kane that the hide had been all but peeled off of his fists giving a clear view of his black bones. Gall's fist lit up with a purple glow before he drove his fist down on a bloodied patch of Legion's head, though Kane had a distinct feeling that blood was all from Gall. The impact made Legion's eyes roll back for a moment but just a moment as his arm shot up, his hand engulfing Gall's entire head before he brought him down. Gall was flailing about in Legion's grasp who looked like he was still trying to right himself when Gall did something that Kane had never seen.

He extended his fingers out and his entire arm became blurry. For a moment Kane thought it was his eyes until he heard a low and very rapid whisk sound that he realized what Gall was doing. He was moving his arm so fast that it was what was making that noise, but he couldn't for the life of him figure out why. That is until Gall took a swipe with his vibrating arm connecting it with Legion's forearm that made the big demon let out such an ungodly wail as Gall's hand actually bit into Legion's arm. He'd turned his arm into a blade that could cut through Legion's hide. Suddenly all those times that Gall told him he could go through boulders like leaves made perfect sense to him. All those strange grinding noised that Kane remembered hearing back at the great mountain made sense, that was Gall practicing this technique!

When did my Gall become such a master over his ability, Kane couldn't help but wonder as he stared on at his student still cutting his way into Legion's arm. A feeling of pride began to swell within him as Legion continued to howl in pain. Gall can do this, he thought with a light tear beginning to form in his eye. Gall can really bring this monster down! Kane's breath caught in his throat and his hopes dashed as Legion smashed Gall into the ground with a thunderous crunch. His eyes went wide as Legion lifted Gall up now too dazed to fight back before he drove his fist into his students gut making him spew out blood and saliva like a faucet.

Legion wound back up and drove his fist into Galls stomach again, this time the impact itself echoed off of the buildings and Kane's heart sank with the sight of a dull lifeless look overcame Gall's eyes. He'd lost consciousness with his eyes still wide open. Legion brought the unconscious Gall to his face, shaking him and making his head go from side to side like the bones in his neck weren't even there. Legion snarled before throwing Gall into the ground like a broken toy and turning his head back to Kane.

Kane, now gritting his teeth and only a third of an arm growing from his shoulder fought his way up to his feet. "Come on then." He snarled gesturing with his hands. "Come and get me!" 

Legion roared and began to charge him only to have the ground right in front of him explode in a pillar of flame that extended well beyond the rooftops. Both Legion and Kane turned their heads to find a panting Rite glaring at the big demon, with his hands pressed to the ground. Did he do that? "Master you rest." Rite said in Demonspeak as Legion turned around and took a step toward him.

"Rite don't fight him alone!" Kane yelled making Legion turn back to him.

"No your fight is with me!" Rite said his arms flashing bright blue before a wall of ice suddenly formed in front of Kane and even Gall, but trapping him on the same side as Legion.

"Rite!" He yelled throwing himself at the ice but he was too slow. The last sight of his latest student being of him releasing a large flame from his hand as Legion charged him.

~*~*~*~Rite~*~*~*~ 

Rite hated cutting off his master Kane, but he had to in order to give him enough time to regrow his arm. That and he had to get this monster away from Gall, if that meant fighting it alone than so be it. Rite was more than willing to die for the ones he cared about, in fact that's exactly what he was expecting to happen. The monster Legion was powering through his fire like it was nothing to him, what kind of beast could walk through fire and not get burnt?