After that, I walked into the common room. I decided I would tell Draco about my success, however slight, with Potter. I walked down the hallway towards the common room and I heard something peculiar. Yelling voices.

I pushed the door open to the common room and saw Draco and Teddy facing each other. People were staring at them from the sides of the room.

"You can't tell me what to do!" Teddy yelled. "That's mental!"

"I can do whatever the hell I want!" Draco shouted back. "You ruined everything! Everything! Why did you have to get mixed up in this!?"

"Mixed up in what, Draco?" Teddy asked. "What, exactly?!"

"Never mind," Draco muttered, paling. I narrowed my eyes at him. He almost let slip the mission.

"I'm sick of you acting like you're the king of Slytherin! You're not!" Teddy yelled. "Just because your father is ... rich or whatever... it doesn't mean you get to boss us around. And your other friends, if you can call them friends, are sick of it too!"

I decided to end their pointless bickering. "Hey! Shut up!"

Draco looked hurt and Teddy looked thankful. "Draco, you really do need to stop bossing everyone around. You're being a prat. And Teddy, just let it go."

"Amy?! How could you say that? How could you side with him?" Draco demanded. "I'm your best friend." His voice was weak by the end of his exclamation.

"I don't want to be your best friend if you go on acting like the boss of everyone," I said menacingly. "It's obnoxious and honestly pretty pathetic."

Draco looked beyond hurt. "F - fine then, Amy. Be that way. I couldn't care less."

I fought to stay in control. "Good. If you don't care, then I guess we're not friends anymore. I'll see you around, Malfoy."

I turned around to leave the common room, but before I left, I turned back to him. I tried not to show him how much pain he was causing me. When I spoke, my voice was quiet and weaker than I ever would have liked. "How could you do this to me, Dra? I thought things were gonna be different."

With that, I stormed from the room. I was mad. I didn't mean what I said. I got a little mad, that was all. I hoped Draco knew that I was only saying that to save the mission.

But what did this have to do with the mission? Nothing. Nothing at all. I had been thinking about my task and I got wrapped up in everything. I was confusing my mission with my social life. I could have ruined everything. I sat down in a windowsill in the hallway. I heard someone come up behind me.

"What do you want?!" I asked, turning around sharply.

It was a girl, my age, with white-blonde hair and dreamy blue eyes. She was wearing an odd necklace and she seemed as if she had no idea how she got to this side of the school.

"I heard you leave your room," she said. "I'm Luna Lovegood. It's nice to meet you."

"What are you doing in the Slytherin corridor?" I asked harshly.

"I was walking in the castle," she said.

"Hey, aren't you in Dumbledore's Army?" I asked, noticing that she looked familiar.

"Yes, I know who you are," she said. "Amelia Wolfe, right?"

I nodded.

"Well, I'll see you around, Amelia," she said dreamily, and walked off.

That was strange.

I got up and went to find Potter or Weasley. I had no interest in the Mudblood. Even though I had to be friends with her, I tried to keep my distance from her. I saw Weasley walking through a corridor.

"Hi Ron," I said, coming up behind him.

"Oh, hi Amy," he said. "How're you doing?"

"Fine," I said.

"Harry told me that you wanted to join the Order," he said in a hushed voice.

"Yeah?" 

"Yeah, and I think that would be really cool," Ron said enthusiastically. "You're one of my best friends."

"Oh, thanks," I said, smirking.

"You know, I think you should talk to Snape about the Order," Ron said. "I know he's kind of a jerk, but he could help you join."

"I think I'll do that," I said. "Thanks, Ron." I flashed him one of my charming smiles and left.

SNAPE'S POV

"Come in?" I said, when I heard a knock on the door.

To my shock, Amelia Riddle pushed the door open. She stood facing me, a look of irritation on her face.

"Let's get to the point," she said.

"What do you want?" I asked wearily. I didn't have time for this right now. I had bigger issues to deal with. I frowned, showing my dislike of her being in my office. I knew who she was, but I wanted her to know that I didn't like her.

"It almost sounds like you don't want to talk to me!" she said, placing a hand on her chest in mock surprise.

"I thought you said you were getting to the point," I stated flatly.

"Right." Amelia snickered. "I have an issue that you need to sort out for me. You're the only one who can do it, kay? I'm joining the Order of the Phoenix."