Part 6

Chapter 6

HARRY'S POV

I stormed furiously out of the classroom. That was the worst class I had been to in my whole life. Umbridge was worse than Snape. She didn't deserve to be a teacher, let alone Defense Against the Dark Arts. A disgrace, that's what it was. I stomped down the grounds towards the Care of Magical Creatures class. I was glad I could see Hagrid - oh wait. Hagrid's away right now. It's Grubbly-Plank as a teacher instead. My life just keeps getting better and better. I frowned.

I heard a voice behind me. "Hey! Potter!"

I ignored whoever it was, continuing down the rocky path towards Hagrid's hut.

"Harry!"

I finally turned, noticing the use of my first name. Only people who really didn't like me used my last name. It was Amy.

"Oh, hi," I grumbled.

"What, you aren't happy to see me?" she asked.

"No, it's not you, it's Umbridge," I explained, sighing. "She drives me mad." I stayed cautious, even if she might be my friend. She was still Slytherin no matter what.

"Tell me about it. Hey, that was really brave, what you did back there," Amy said. "I believe you, by the way. About Voldemort. I mean, why would you lie about something like that? Me and my parents - we all beileve you."

"Thanks," I said. I let out an angry huff. "You're like the only ones."

Amy smiled, but it wasn't a happy smile. She looked down at the ground. "I hope me being in Slytherin still lets us be friends."

"Yeah," I mumbled. "Me too." 

I heard more voices and looked up to see Ron and Hermione jogging down the steps after us. They were bickering about the usual: classwork, exams. Pointless things like always. They grew silent when they saw me with Amy. Perhaps they were still wary.

"Hey Amy," Ron said, smiling.

Amy nodded at him. "Hey."

The more I thought about it, the more I really started to like Amy. Although she was a Slytherin, she seemed friendly and kind, just like she did on the train. Besides, I reminded myself, just because someone's a Slytherin doesn't automatically make them a Death Eater. I wouldn't have a problem with Slytherins, but every Slytherin I've ever met in my career as a Hogwarts student has been pretty much a huge jerk. But not Amy. She was different. She could be the nicest person in the entire world. I shouldn't judge her, so I decided to go ahead and be her friend.

I knew I could trust her.

DRACO'S POV

I watched as Amy walked down to Care of Magical Creatures with Potter and his gang. It was so annoying, having so much potential time with Amy, but then never getting to see her because she was on a mission. Still, it was better than nothing. During the school year I had to go months without seeing her at all. I bit my lip, pondering what to do. So badly I wanted to ruin the entire mission and ruin her chances of being Potter's friend, but doing that would get me in trouble with You-Know-Who. I didn't want to risk that.

When we all got down to the class, I tried edging over to Amy. Maybe I would get a chance to see her.

She was standing with Potter, Weasley, and the Mudblood. There was a casual smile on her face as she socialzed with the Gryffindors. I scowled. I knew she was doing her job and all but the thought bit at the back of my mind. She never smiled like that around me. I tried to get her to notice me by waving my hand slightly. I managed to catch her eye, but also the eye of the stupid ginger freak, Ron Weasley.