Ch. 9: Zayn's Words of Wisdom

Start from the beginning

   "Yep."

   "See, that's funny. I thought I saw Niall wearing this outfit the other day. If that's true, how did you get ahold of them?" He smirked. I mentally sighed, of course he was going to make this difficult.

   "Really? How could he wear them if they were at my flat?"

   "Good question. Here's a good answer: he can't. So either he was at your flat....or you've been cheating on Liam?" He raised his eyebrow at me, the smug smirk still on his face. I could feel the color drain from my face.

  "Well...umm..." I tried to think of a way to get out of this.

  "Hmm? What do you have to say?" Zayn smirked again. Now he was just annoying me.

   "Zayn, how's side are you on?" I asked him, putting my hands on my hips. He looked confused at my question.

   "What?"

   "It's trending on Twitter since Liam and I got together! Are you team Jiall or team Jiam?" I asked. It has been trending, and it is so annoying! If I'm happy with someone, then the fans should be happy.

   "Umm...I'm not going to answer." Zayn turned around. I caught his tattooed arm in my hand, pulling him back to face me.

   "You liked Jiall better, didn't you?" I could see it in his eyes.

    "Why do you care?" he asked me harshly.

    "You didn't want to admit it because you and Liam are best mates!" I exclaimed accusingly, ignoring his last question. He shrugged.

   "So what? I don't like seeing Niall broken, so I took the middle."

   "The middle?"

    "I like you to be with whoever you can be with and hurt the other person less."

    "What?" I cocked my head to the side. He just looked at me like, 'Are you an idiot?' "I don't get it."

   "Say you're with Liam," he held out his hand. I nodded for him to continue. "So Niall is over here, and he is broken because you're with Liam." More hand signals and stuff. "But now, say you're with Niall; Liam is sad, but he has always been good at this kind of stuff, so he recovers, Niall can't."

   "So...you'd rather be on the team where, no matter who gets hurt, they get hurt less than it would the other way?" I questioned. Zayn smiled and nodded.

   "Yep! See, you got it!"

   "So...you think me being with Niall would be better?"

   "No," he sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I don't think that. I just needed an example. I think you need to figure out which way to go."

   "Zayn...I don't want either of them hurt...but I like them the same. How am I supposed to make that kind of decision if I don't like one more than the other?"

   "I don't know. When did I become your relationship therapist?" Zayn asked me with a chuckle. I laughed as well and shook my head.

   "I don't know. You and Perrie just seem so happy together, and you actually brought this upon yourself," I pointed out. He laughed and nodded.

   "Yeah. Well, words of advise: just take a leap of faith. It helps you make your decision."

    "You mean...do something when you don't know if it's right?" I asked him. He chuckled and nodded again.

   "Can I show you something?" he asked. When I nodded, he hesitated. "Okay, nobody, not even my family has seen this, so keep it between us, please?"

   "You can trust me, Zayn. I won't tell anyone."

  He sucked in a breath before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a little velvet box. He opened it up to show me a engagement ring sitting in the little box. It was completely silver with a large diamond in the middle and smaller diamonds around the band of the ring.

   "Oh my gosh, Zayn!" I squealed. He blushed a dark red and smiled sheepishly.

  "You think Perrie will like it?" he asked me. I smiled and nodded.

   "She'll love it! Congrats, Zayn!" I pulled him into a hug. He laughed and put the ring away before hugging me back.

   "She hasn't said yes just yet, Jamie. But, thanks. I'm glad someone else knows."

   "I'm glad you trust me enough to tell me, Zayn. call me if you ever need any help with anything." I pulled out of the hug and smiled at him, which he returned.

    "I will. See ya, Jamie." He waved and started walking back in. I turned to go. "Wait! Jamie!" I turned around, Zayn was running towards me.

   "Yeah?"

   "Umm," he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "I've been so concentrated on getting the ring...I forgot Liam's birthday..."he looked at his feet. I started laughing quietly, at which Zayn glared at me for. "It's not my fault! What do I get him?"

   "Take a leap of faith, Zayn!" I teased. He growled and shoved my shoulder, making me laugh again. "I'm kidding! I can pick something up for you to get him and get it to Perrie?"

   "That would be great...if I knew you weren't going to blackmail me." He looked at me skeptically. I gasped and put my hand on my heart.

   "Zayn! Why would you think such a thing?" I said in mock disbelief.

   "Did you forget who your brother is?"

   "Oh...yeah....I was just gonna get like,  an Adidas jacket or something." I shrugged. Zayn nodded his head thoughtfully.

   "That would be great. Thanks, James! When can you get it to Perrie?"

   "Tomorrow. See ya at the party, Zayn!"

   Now I have to take a leap of faith and figure out who I want to be with.