Fifteen

"Then we should add this moment to the list," he suggests, moving his hand to her waist.
"Which moment? Us retelling every other one?" she teases.
Farkle moves his hand under his pillow revealing a velvet box. "Maybe this one," he says opening the box and revealing a simple engagement ring. "Riley would you-"

"Do you even have to ask?" she grins, nodding and smiling and shaking with excitement.
Farkle shrugs, "I thought it would be proper."

"Just put the ring on me," she orders lightly, rolling her eyes good naturedly.

When he does, it feels right to both of them. Like every boyfriend and girlfriend and every choice and decision they had ever made wasn't really a choice at all, it was all fate. It was all them and it was all perfect, especially in this moment.

As he holds her close, Riley can't help but to say one more thing, "Aren't you glad that I turned left?"

He nods fervently, "Considering that if you hadn't I would've gone home, yes."

"You couldn't have waited two minutes?" she joked, running a hand through his hair.

"I'll wait a lifetime for you," he smirked, enjoying how she squirmed at the cliche line.
"Oh god, so sappy, it hurts," she pretended, rolling away from him and over-exaggerating her movements.