Five

He looks at this girl, completely bewildered. "Well, that's just stupid," he comments to himself.
Riley still hears it, smiling to herself as she does. In a moment of boldness, she nudges his shoulder with hers, jumping a bit from the shock she gets as she does so.

Without thinking, they both grin, looking at each other with a happiness both of them haven't felt in a while. For Riley, things feel like they're looking up.

"That's it? You just turned left?"
"No, I guess the weather helped too."
"Winter was a good time for us, wasn't it?"

Riley pulled Farkle to the window, grabbing him by the wrist and bringing him to the bay window in the living room. She sat on her knees facing the window, her hands on the glass, leaving handprints as she moved them.

Farkle sat next to her, opting to put his feet on the floor. He wasn't looking at the glass but rather at his friend who had invited him over for a winter disney movie marathon.

He felt happy as he watched her youthfulness play out. The way that her eyes glassed over in excitement and how she bounced with anticipation, waiting for the snow to pick up from slow-falling flakes to a full on snowstorm, one of her favorite things in the world.