• rihanna

"what?"

shocked at the man's question, rihanna looked at her mom for help. she mouthed, "did he really just ask that?"

professor adkins took off her glasses as everyone stared at blaze. "mr. mixon. are you flirting with my daughter?"

rihanna (and the whole class) covered their mouths from laughing.

blaze opened his mouth and closed it like a fish, face red. "n-no! i'm not flirting! i-i just need a subject for this project!"

sighing and rubbing her forehead, she said, "so what you're saying is that you aren't taking this project seriously?"

shocked at everything that was happening, blaze simply sat down, bewildered.

rihanna, taking action, put a hand on her mother's shoulder. "mom. give the kid some slack. college is hard as hell and you know that. he's being smart, not letting opportunities pass. and isn't it more interesting to see a project with two people who barely know each other? let's see what he can do."

the class, mainly the boys, stared at rihanna in amazement, wanting her to defend them.

"well...mr. mixon? you can paint me like a french girl. see me after class," she said with a smirk.

rihanna walked out of the arts class with satisfaction painted all over her face. well this will be interesting.

waiting next to the vending machine for her artist, the class finally ended as everyone basically ran out.

blaze walked out as slow as he could, looking everywhere for the girl. his eyes finally landed on her smirk and wave of fingers.

he sighed, wondering why he got himself into this mess and walked up to her.

"hi."

rihanna gushed, "aw you're so shy and cute."

blaze's cheeks lit up to a bright red color. clearing his throat, he mumbled, "um... thanks for helping me out on this..."

"rihanna," rihanna chuckled at him. "and your name is?"

blaze looked up into her dark, almost black looking eyes. but they interested him far more then ocean blue eyes. for some reason, they reminded him of the type of dirt that'd be covering a diamond.

a diamond in the rough.

blaze was snapped back into reality when rihanna cleared her throat.

"oh! sorry," he said scratching the back of his neck. "what did you say?"

rihanna furrowed her eyebrows at him with a tiny smile on her face. "i asked what your name was."

"b-blaze."