Fifteen: Find a Random Spell From a Lying Git? Use it! It's Bound to Work...

Start from the beginning

Something was up with those four, and I needed to get to the bottom of it.

***

LILY: I missed home. Alice, Frank, Marlene, I could even deal with Petunia! I missed them. It has only been what, two days? And I was already going half-mad thinking about how much I missed home.

But I figured out that night that I wasn't the only one missing someone.

Later that night, after a day of class work and studying, all of the guys and girls went to bed. Fred, George, Ron, Hermione, James, Harry--or so I thought.

I told Hermione I was going to stay up a bit longer studying in the common room. She went off to bed and I sat on the common room couch, staring into the fire.

This was the fire I had spoken to Sirius in--well--the older Sirius, anyway. He had told me not to go digging into things I didn't want to find out about. Everyone was telling me that. But I couldn't help being curious; I always am.

I was immediately interrupted from my thoughts when I herd footsteps. Rhythmic footsteps, stepping in the same, slow pattern repetitively; someone was pacing. Wow, way to figure that one out, Lily.

I wish I had one of those cloaks like Potter, that way I could get out of basically every situation. The Marauders are like that. They seem to weasel their way out of every situation handed to them. Unlike them, things in this world tend to never work out for me.

I was reduced to hiding behind a pillow.

I drew my wand, hoping whoever is was wasn't very skilled. I hated dueling. Everyone in my year said I was decent enough at it, but I just hated getting up in front of people, just to show them I could knock another person out. What does that prove; what does any violence prove?

I heard something heavy drop onto the floor, it sounded as if it was rolling.

"Damn it..." I heard a familiar voice. Harry's voice. What was he doing up and out of bed? "Accimentium..." I followed his voice. He sitting in the corner of the room, setting a crystal ball in a goblet on a small table to keep it from rolling. He continued repeating the phrase: "Accimentium."

"Accimentium..." He mumbled, pointing his wand at the ball. It lit up for half a second, than returned to its transparent, clear colour. "Accimentium!" He repeated, this time with much more force in his tone, yet, to no avail. It had the same, plain effect. Nothing happened, except for a sliver of light shining through the ball.

He now tossed his wand to the side in frustration, and gripped the orb with both hands.

"Accimentium map, accimentium cloak." Nothing happened. He sighed harshly, and tossed the orb to the side, leaving it to roll off the table and shatter.

Harry looked on the verge of exploding, yet he took a deep breath, and exhaled slowly.

"Reparo." He mumbled, as the orb reconstructed itself, and set right back in its goblet.

I hadn't realized I'd put the pillow down. And by the time I realized I had stood and followed him, it was too late to even attempt to hide.

"Divination is a very inaccurate form of magic, you know," I said. He jumped in surprise, and turned towards me.

"Rose, what're you doing up?"