Wannabe Black Girl

Start from the beginning

"Like what?" Robert raised a brow.

"She got her own room."

"Riley, I'm a girl," Jada says. "Why would I share a room with two boys?"

"See?" Robert grunts. "Now hush boy and finish eating. When ya'll done I want this kitchen cleaned. Oh, and ya'll start school tomorrow so make sure ya'll ready."

As the 3 cleaned, Riley began mumbling to himself.

"Riley, if you want to change your hair so bad just do it," Huey says washing dishes and handing them to Jada.

"That's what Imma do. Nobody tells me what to do. I'm Young Reezy, I do's what I wanna do."

"Riley hush or I'm beatin yo ass!" Robert yells from upstairs. Riley rolls his eyes.

The next morning, the three Freemans got ready to go to J. Hoover High School. Huey would be an 11th grader while Riley and Jada were in the 9th, Jada only being in the same grade because she got promoted a grade when she was in kindergarten.

"Alright, no fighting Riley. You hear?" Robert asks.

"Yes Granddad," Riley groaned, exiting Dorothy.

"Huey, don't try harassing the white people. Tellin them about that Ronald Regan bullshit. You better lie!"

"Yes Granddad," Huey says getting out as well.

"And Jada."

"Yes Granddaddy?" Jada asks sweetly.

"You stay sweet okay?" Robert smiles.

"Yes Granddaddy," Jada kisses the old timer on the cheek and follows her brothers out the car. As she walks in with her brothers a lot of people start whispering.

"Here we go," Huey says as they continue inside. The three go into the Principal's office to recieve their schedules.

"Freemans. How nice for you guys to join our school," The Principal says with a fake smile.

"Just give us our schedules so we can leave," Huey says. They got their schedules and went on their ways.

"Oh cool! I have three 11th grade honors classes," Jada says, looking at her schedule.

"What's up Freemans!" Someone calls. Caesar was walking down the hall with a bright smile on his face.

"Hey Ceez, what's up?" Huey greets giving his new friend dap.

"Nun much. Didn't know ya'll was starting school here. I would've given you guys a tour."

"It's all good, man."

"Well what's ya'll classes?" Caesar asks. He looks over Huey's and sees they share 2 classes together. Him and Jada have one and he has none with Riley.

"You're in the 9th grade with 11th grade classes. Some brains you got there," Caesar says to Jada who blushes.

"Thank you," She replies.

"And I love the dreads by the way. Don't see many girls of color rock their natural hair! But, I gotta go. See you later, Freemans."

Jada smiled dreamily as the boy left. Huey groaned, continuing on to his class.

~In Jada and Riley's class~

The two walked in and were assigned seats next to each other in the back.

"If I didn't know any better," Jada begins, "I'd think he's afraid of us."

"That nigga better be," Riley replies. "We don't play."