Chapter 11

The president watched the portable screen as they waited. It was almost time. He watched as she placed the letter down. He saw her tears and he wanted to run and comfort the girl but this was for her. She needed this, she needed to know the truth.

Kyoko opened her eyes, her hand had already released the letter. Her mind was too foggy to register even the simplest thoughts.

Just one more. Just one more then I can sleep or run or hide or maybe beg aliens to abduct me. It's just one more...

She picked up the final letter.

Kyoko,

By now you will have realised the truth about who I am. You are too smart and too clever not to and if you have made it all the way to this letter you will know the name I have hidden behind for so long.

Tsuruga was the place I was named in when Boss deemed me a new name so Tsuruga became my surname.

My first name was picked for its meaning.

Ren, or the lotus flower grows in muddy water and rises above the surface to bloom with remarkable beauty. At night, the flower closes and sinks underwater. At dawn, it rises and opens again. Untouched by impurity, the lotus symbolizes the purity of heart and mind. It also represents long life, health, honour and good luck.

I suppose Boss hoped it would give me all of those things, but the name wasn't enough to save me. No matter what my name had been, there was only one person who saved me the past two years and every single time that person has been you. That day when I crashed doing the car stunt it was you Kyoko-chan, that day when Setsu was accosted outside the clothes store it was you Kyoko. The day I was ready to kill Murasame it was you Kyoko who saved my life. Over and over again, time after time you never gave up on me.

You did so much this year and grew so much and I watched you every step of the way. Last year it was still too hard for me to talk about but you made your way into the heart of my parents and you made me see how much they truly did care even after I thought they had disowned me.

How can you not see how simply amazing you are, Kyoko? How can you not see what you do to me? Or how you make me feel?

There is so much more I want to tell you, Kyoko I don't even think all of these letters over all of these years can do any justice to just how much you have meant to me for all these years. You have always been supporting me Kyoko. Even in my darkest moments, you were my light guiding me home and today I want to try and repay you for all that you have done for me. Today I want you to hear and understand just how special you are and I want the whole world to know this.

Kyoko, if you still care for me after all I have told you. If you still care for Corn or Kuon in the box is a magical wand. All you need to do is wave it and you will see the next part of your fairy tale unfold. If not Kyoko, you can place the letter back in the box and wait a few moments. There will be friends nearby to support you.

Kyoko this is now your choice. I have bared my heart and soul to you and I have told you all the wrong things in my life all the terrible things I have done. I have finally had the courage to tell you that I do honestly and truly love you and have done so since you were six years old. You have been my rock, my guiding light and I know what I am asking of you is a big choice, but I need to know do you wish for the magic to continue? If you choose to end it here I will never speak of this matter again.

The choice is yours.

Corn

Tsuruga Ren

Hizuri Kuon

Four sets of eyes were glued to two different screens as they waited. Their time had come and it was up to Kyoko now. They all knew it. As the clock slowly ticked by Kyoko remained unmoving. Her brain just could figure it all out. She couldn't take it all in. How was she supposed to choOse anything when she felt like she was drowning? One set of eyes moved from their observant position and exited through the door.

The knock on the door roused her slightly as she called

"Come in." the door opened and in the same second Kanae, Chiori and Lory all had the same thing to say:

"What the hell is he doing?"