chapter 2 |✓

Rafael's POV

trying to turn on your other side on the bed is not easy when something holding you back, I opened my eyes to check what's keeping me from achieving my goal I saw the girl from yesterday's party.knowing what's coming next, I made the decision quickly to leave before she wakes up because I was really not in the mood for any kind of human interaction because as of tomorrow my vacation of  one week starts and I really want to wrap off everything before I started it.

it's a customary vacation I take twice year in my villa in the italien rural area to break off the routine of my hectic daily life from running the business to socializing with people , it's like break from the world where it's me, myself and I in my villa away from any possible nuisance and human civilisation .

I shake my head from my thoughts and I started looking for my pants and shirts. Finding them quickly I threw my clothes from last night not bothering to shower since I already have to go drop by my penthouse to pick up my small duffel bag. I made my way to the door as quiet as possible not really wanting to stay longer than needed. Once I was in a safe zone I straightened myself and headed to the hotel's lobby through the elevator.

As soon as I reached the door, the valet gave me my car's key and not to hinder the circulation  mouvement any longer I swiftly slide into it and went off. I drove through the city in little over the legal pace till I reached my penthouse. I went straight to my bathroom to freshen up. After finishing my bath, I headed to my walk in closet and chose a black fitted Armani suit with with white shirt underneath. I got out from there, dried myself, wore my clothes and I finished my look with a Rolex watch and a black tie.  I went downstairs to have my daily dose of black coffee and get my energy back and from there I drove my car to the company to start my day.

When I reached it, I parked my car into its rightful place and got off. Upon my entering, everything went silent only hearing the greeting that the workers threw me respectfully not really trying to make eye contact with me and I replied them with some small nods and as soon as I stepped into my private elevator everything went back normal.

The day was filled with me getting in and out of meetings closing some business deals and making new ones and sometimes in between I sat in my office going through papers. Although that was a normal day for me but it felt like it's not going to end anytime soon. I finished some reports, I looked up to the clock to only notice that is 7:40 pm deciding the vacation starts now. I closed the files and went out getting a few good night sir's from the guards.

Even though it would better if I sleep tonight in my penthouse and head tomorrow for Italy, something in my gut kept telling me to head to the airport now and sleep in my private jet during the flight.  I called my chauffeur and informed him to bring my car in front of the company door because we are heading straight to the airport as I reached outside I found Alberto waiting for me.

Suddenly the car stopped in the middle of the road, I let out a string of few curses under my breath and asked Alberto "is everything alright there Albreto?" "sir, it seems we run out of gas" he replied. of course! just my luck! . feeling the suffocation from sitting inside the car I loosened my tie ad I got off to have a breath of fresh air and to add to my luck it seems we stopped right in the middle of nowhere beside a forest. Already having my mood ruined,I pulled out my phone from my pocket to dial one of my friends to pick me up with Albert and  I decided to postpone the flight to tomorrow. On the third ring he picked up "Hi Zack"

"Hello, Rafaello" he replied calling me by my italien name" You know I was about to call you to join me and the boys since you are leaving tomorrow!" "Well I don't think I can. Actually I need your help now " I told him"why what happened is everything alright?" he asked"Yeah don't worry just a little mishap, me and Alberto we were on our way to the airport when the car stopped and we find out that we run out of gas " I answered him"Send me the address Raf I will come with the boys to pick you guys up " as he said so I heard a shuffling from his side of the call "Thank you a lot buddy I will be sending it to you now" I told him"Yeah no problem dude, see you in a few" "See you in a few" then we both hung up and I send him my location.

After I finished my call, I turned to Alberto and informed him that the guys will come to pick us up he looked relieved to that piece of information and he told me that he may take a small nap in the car.Since I stayed outside all alone I decided why not venture into the forest until the boys arrive as the club is a little bit far away from here so it may take them a while before they arrive.

Fifteen minutes later I am deep enough in the forest where I can hear the  engines' sound of the cars of my friends when they reach in the same time it's deep enough where even the lights of streets can't penetrate the thick tree. Suddenly I heard a sound that startled me, I took out my gun in case something happen and hide behind the bushes, waiting for anything to happen then I heard it again but now it sounded more like a light snore if I am not mistaking I kept my focus on the sound and here is it again it was like someone was sleeping. 

I followed the sound to its source, unexpectedly the sound stopped like it never happened a few moments ago. Feeling a little dumb for thinking that someone may be sleeping here I tucked away my gun back into its place and turned on my heel to go back to Alberto and the car the guys could reach any moment now.

And upon that small turn that I made I stumbled on the most beautiful creature I met, sleeping under tree tucked away into its thick roots and covered with its fallen leaves almost like the tree is trying to protect her

And little did I know it'd be soon that I would be the one I am protecting her.