Prologue|✓

Rita

Waking up early was never a problem for me I loved it , I am a morning person in fact it gave me energy , I remember my dad saying that I got it from mom well he uses to say that I got everything from mom and he couldn't be happier.

After freshening up and putting on a fitting clothes, I entered the kitchen to prepare my breakfast and as usual I couldn't shake the feelings that surrounded me because even after 8 years ago, I didn't get used to the fact that I am living alone. it only felt like yesterday when my parents went out but they never came back and I don't even know what happened.

We used to get along so well with each other. We were happy ; you know I was my parents' princess, they liked spoiling me with gifts and showering me with love and care and in return I was a good daughter never gave them trouble.

Growing up, I never had strict rules due to my docile personality but still there's only one rule I have always been reminded of that I mustn't break and that is going out outside alone and honestly I've never put too many thoughts at it because at that time I was content and if I wanted to go out all I had to do is to ask and we would go out the three of us.
Although I  have always thought it came as plus that I was not the kind of kids who had a rebellious spirit, I enjoyed being good it's something that naturally came to me, my dad used to say I got this too from my mom.

And it hurts so much to think that they abandoned me but then I try to erase those toxic thoughts from my mind because why would my parents who love me a lot do that and start hoping for the best but it's hard when you can't find an eligible reason for the never coming back of them.

Since that day I decided to be useful and start depending on myself and every first Sunday of the month I go around the garden to pick up fruits and vegetables or go fishing from a lake that lies next to my garden.

After I finished my very healthy breakfast I tucked away the table and did the dishes and kept thinking what am I going to do to keep myself busy today and after what seemed hours of dish washing but in reality only ten minutes I decided why not leave I am turning 21 next month yet here I am locked in a place far away from any near civilization and apparently my parents aren't comeback anytime soon.

With that thought in my mind, I headed to my bedroom to change my clothes with fitted top ,a skinny jeans and a pair of white sneakers. After putting my hair into a pony tail, I went down towards the gate.

Once I reached it, I turned lightly the door's handle with my  hand and opened it.I grinned cheekily feeling delighted pushing the gate wide open, I collected my newly found courage and headed toward the forest praying for protection and luck.

'Luck only comes to the risk takers'