Send in the Women

Začít od začátku

"I suppose I will be booted out in the first round. Oh well, at least then I can come back to work and make sure the Love Me work doesn't get too backed up." Kanae was speechless. Her friend had so little confidence in herself. The same girl who had slapped her and told her to stand up for what she believed in when she wanted to be an actress, but she supposed this was Kyoko's deepest fear after all. The whole point of this show was to find love with the bachelor and Kyoko...well Kyoko just wasn't that type of girl. Kanae had hoped of course that he would've been able to mend her heart. He had put the effort in of course, but he never told her and then there was all that drama of him releasing his real name and Kyoko, well Kyoko had withdrawn inside herself a little more again. She loved spending time with her adoptive parents and she was still as hooked on her senpai as when she had called him Ren, but now there was something different. A part of Kyoko had retreated and Kanae couldn't understand what it was. She stood and stepped over to Kyoko's chair, spinning it towards her she leant down towards Kyoko.

"Now you listen here, missie you are just as good as any of the women we will be meeting at this thing so never let me hear you say that again! If anything if you get dropped in the first round it's because you are too good for the guy and he doesn't deserve you, you understand me?" Kyoko looked into Kanae's eyes and Kanae saw the start of tears so pulled back swiftly as Kyoko, startling her, leapt at her friend, arms outstretched hugging her before she could avoid it.

"Thank you, Moko! I feel so much better now." she cried as she finally let the staggering woman go.

At 10 am the coach came to pick them up, driving them to the airport. They were treated like royalty as they passed through customs, while paparazzi flashed their cameras at the three rising stars. Though they doubted until the show started its live broadcasting whether they would actually get much of a story from just some pictures of them travelling together. The plane journey wasn't long and from the announcement and their tickets it seems the secret location was in Hokkaido, but Hokkaido was a big place when you thought about it. They stepped off the plane and were escorted immediately to a taxicab and driven to a local hotel. When they entered the hotel's grand hall, Kyoko and Chiori were all for turning around and walking away, when they saw the group of women that awaited them.

"MO! Get your asses back here!" Kanae hissed as she slowly scanned the crowded, registering each name she knew and the possible threats to her and her friends. Not that she wanted the bachelor but these things can and usually do turn ugly.

"Oh my god!" Chiori whimpered as she took in the other members in the room.

"OK honestly, the president wants us to go up against the likes of Ootomo Honoka! How on earth are we going to compete with Japan's number one model!" Kyoko patted Chiori on the back softly, she had already resigned herself to failing in the first round. No matter what Kanae had said the people in this room were all big stars.

"She's nice, Chiori." she said as she scanned the room and smiled at some familiar faces

"Hell, I know she's nice but she is also the hottest thing to men on two legs. Plus her being nice just doubles her appeal." the more she looked around, the more Chiori seemed to hyperventilate as Kanae nodded towards on corner.

"Kyoko, I believe you know those two?" she enquired, remembering both of the actresses had acted in Dark Moon alongside her friend and Kyoko's senpai. Kyoko nodded,

"Momose Itsumi and Oohara Airi, they played Mizuki and Misao in dark moon." Kanae nodded. She had spoken to both briefly at the Happy Grateful party this year and knew they were firm friends with Kyoko.

"Then have you seen who is over there, Chiori?" Kyoko asked, trying to take her mind off the models and movie stars surrounding them. Chiori looked in the direction Kyoko had indicated as she half groaned and half sighed. Two of the girls both she and Kyoko had worked with on Box-R were present.