Firebird [2] (Mirstie)

I grab my bag and run inside the dance academy.

I enter the building and I see Scott.

"Scott, Scott audition day." I laugh as I jump on his back. "Kirst you're even lighter than yesterday." Scott laughs.

As we laugh we see Mitch and Grace walk in together.

"Look it's the couple." Mitch laughs as I roll my eyes. "Same to you and Grace. You guys even came together how sweet." I laugh at Mitch as he turns red, then quickly go over to Grace and apologize.

"You shouldn't be apologizing to me, I'm so sorry about him. His arrogance is a little much." Grace tells me. "Yeah, he wasn't arrogant until Scott and I became friends." I sigh and begin to walk away when someone touches my shoulder.

"Hey, good luck today." Grace says. "You too" I respond and smile at her and walk away to Scott.

----------------------------------

"You ready?" Scott asks. "As I'll ever be." I respond.

"All auditions for firebird, come into studio D, everyone else start stretching." Mrs. Albony informs everyone.

Scott and I walk into studio D to see that only Grace and Mitch are here.

"Where is everyone?" Scott asks. "Everyone wanted a solo." Mitch says. "This can't possibly be it." I say. "It is." Mitch responds.

"If I don't get the duet I'm trying out for a solo." Grace's tells us. "That's cool." Scott says.

I start putting on my pointe shoes, while Scott puts on regular ballet shoes.

Scott and I start stretching, as we are doing that we see Mitch and Grace arguing with each other.

"You need to point your feet more!" Mitch almost yells at Grace. "Well my feet would be pointed if your hands weren't so sloppy." Grace sassed back at Mitch.

Scott and I look at each other and shrug. "What's going on with them?" Scott mouthed to me. "I don't know, they're probably stressed out." I mouth back.

"Okay time to get started." Mrs. Albony walks through the door and says.

Scott and I stand up and stand in the corner, while Mitch and Grace stand at opposite ends from each other.

"Okay, well go in alphabetical order, so Grace and her partner, then Kirstin and her partner. Remember, you only get one chance to audition for this, there's going to be a critic in the audience, but I'm only telling you all because you're my best dancers." Mrs. Albony tells us.

"So, like a critic looking for jobs?" Scott asks. "precisely." Mrs. Albony responds.

I feel my shoulders tense up, as my anxiety kicks in. What if I fall? What if I mess up?

Scott noticed my heavy breathing and rubbed my shoulders.

"Okay, Grace and Mitch, you're up." Mrs. Albony says. "How did you know we were going to be partners?" Mitch asked. "Well Scott and Kirstin are sitting on the wall, and they always audition for everything together unless it's solo auditions, and he is also her lifting partner, and stretching partner. Just a wild guess." Mrs. Albony says.