All these years (Kavi)

"Mommy?" The brunette four year old called for Kirstie.

"Yes dear." Kirstie calls back to the four year old.

"Do I have a daddy?" The four year old asked.

Kirstie's heart broke in half as soon as she asked that question.

"You do, but he left us before you were born." Kirstie told the four year old.

"Kirstie?" A bearded man taller than her called as he entered their shared apartment.

"Yes honey?" Kirstie called back.

"How are you today." The man came towards Kirstie and kissed her on the cheek.

"I'm good, how are you?" She asked. "I am good, a little tired." The man said walking toward the restroom.

Kirstie stood in the kitchen making dinner when the bearded man approached her with a pregnancy test.

"Kirstie? What is this?" The man asked. "I-I uh." Kirstie stuttered as she attempted to find the right words.

"Kirstie." He raised his voice at her making her panic even more.

"Avi." Kirstie sighed. "Kirstie, what happened?" Avi asks her.

"We both got drunk, and I think we had sex. The next few mornings I woke up throwing up." Kirstie sighed.

Avi just stared at Kirstie, baffled at how this could happen. He had been so careful.

Kirstie looked at Avi nervously, for she knew he didn't want to have a child and was frightened he would leave her.

"Kirstie." Avi spoke. "Yes." Kirstie looked up at Avi with a spark of hope in her dull eyes.

"Just remember that I love you." Avi told Kirstie.

After that he walked out, not just out of their apartment, but out of Kirstie's life.

Kirstie spent the rest of the week crying to herself.

She kept telling herself she wasn't good enough and she kept thinking that was the reason Avi left her.

She wanted to tell Mitch and Scott, but they would be too busy together. Kevin would be too busy with Esther.

She just kept it to herself.

Until her stomach got bigger, everyone became suspicious, so she told them.

They all felt so bad, for they had not even known Avi had left her.

So Mitch, Scott, Kevin, Esther, and everyone vowed to help take care of Kirstie, because she could not be alone.

Mitch, feeling the worst about not knowing volunteered to help take care of Kirstie first.

Months passed and Kirstie felt tired everyday.

Her stomach had grown a lot, and she was about eight months pregnant.

Kirstie was moving around her house when she felt an immense amount of pain in her stomach.