corde.

"CHAT NOIR, NOW!"

Medusa stopped in her tracks, then turned to the heroes, but just as she did her body became unusable. A black and red dotted rope sprung around her, leaving her unable to move.

Her snake slid from her shoulders, with unusual speed and surprisingly large size, chased after Chat.

Who screamed like a girl and started to run away from it. Ladybug watched, then turned to the victim. She sprinted to her and looked for where the Akuma was hiding.

"Ladybug, the mask! It's the mask!" Chat shouted from up on the ceiling light, trying to catch his breath. Until he looked up and screamed, finding the snake above him. "AH!" He jumped off the roof as the snake continued to chase him.

Ladybug nodded and reached for her mask. Medusa struggled to lean out of her reach.

"H – How? He was poisoned!"

Ladybug ignored her and grabbed her mask. Breaking it over her knee, a little black butterfly flew out of it.

"How'd you cause so much trouble?" She asked it. Ladybug flung her yo-yo and caught the butterfly easily. "I rescue you from evil!" The yo-yo purified it, Ladybug brought it back to her hand and tapped it. Allowing the now white butterfly to flutter out of it. "Bye, bye ... butterfly." She muttered it out, sounding sadder than after a normal day's work is completed.

She sighed as she heard Chat still running from the snake. She grabbed the rope tying Medusa and threw it into the air.

"Miraculous Ladybug!"

With a blinding red light, millions of beetles sprung out and swarmed the city. Cleaning damages and freeing people from stone. Once the light show ended, the snake returned to its normal size and the previous Akumatized victim did as well.

The girl held her forehead in her hand and looked around confused. Ladybug leaned down and placed her hand on her shoulder.

"You were Akumatized, we'll take you back home if you need." That seemed to be enough information for the girl. She contemplated the offer, then shook her head.

"I can get home myself."

With that, she stood, turned, and left the building. Unusual, but Ladybug paid no mind, and turned to look where Chat had run off too. He was on the railing, next to the large, shattered window.

"Heading off?" Ladybug asked him. Chat bowed to her, tail in the air.

"I need to be meeting someone, so I must be off. Don't be missing me, my lady." Chat looked up to wink down at her. He then turned and jumped out the window.

Speaking of meeting with someone—wait ...

Ladybug's eyes shot open. "Wait, Chat Noir—" She heard his laughter, but it faded out quickly, and thus he was gone.

She groaned but didn't have time. She raced out of the building.

After de-transforming, Marinette went straight to where the Akuma had first attacked. In search for one person in particular. The streets had clear out from all the other victims, but Marinette couldn't find anything left of Adrien. She became worried.

"Princess, the police will be showing up soon. You might want to get going."

"Chat?" Marinette shot her gaze behind her, and found the black hero himself, leaned against the lamp post. He watched her with slight enjoyment.

Didn't he say he had to meet someone?—

"The one and only." Chat smirked, proud of himself. Marinette rolled her eyes, playfully.

"I can't leave yet, I have to find someone."

"Who?"

"A friend. He ran after the Akuma before, and I haven't seen him since." Marinette turned back around, to continue searching. Chat's mouth stayed shut.

Did that just confirm it? Sure ladybug had said the same thing, but ...

"Was his name perhaps – Hmm, Adrien Agreste?"

Marinette froze. Her brow lifted and she turned back around to face Chat.

"How did you—"

"I took him back home, but if I remember correctly, he said he was going to check on a friend – and something about a bakery?" Chat tapped his chin in thought. He trailed off as Marinette let out a sigh of relief. He was safe, Adrien was safe, at her bakery – wait.

"Agh, he went to check on me!? But – I'm here, and – damn it!" Marinette took off sprinting, forgetting Chat Noir, she raced back home, her mind completely fixated on getting there.

Chat watched her ran back and couldn't help but grin. He kicked off the ground and headed in the same direction. Aware he'd beat her back.