Chapter 3: Ryker Dare

Start from the beginning

"And where are they now?"

"They are being kept in the cells down in the basement," he reported. "However, they haven't spoken since they've been caught."

"I'll go pay them a visit later. For now, I have other business to attend to. Clark, take some men and search for any backup that might come."

"Yes Alpha," he bowed once more and left. I frowned slightly before turning to Draven.

"Come get me if you see her move even a millimeter, got it?" He didn't look up as he waved his hand dismissively.

"Yeah, I figured you would want to know even if she farted in her sleep. Now, go and do the boring part of being an alpha." I chuckled lowly before stepping closer to her side.

"Wow, I can feel the love." We both froze as the new voice joined, this one womanly and light. Simultaneously, our heads snapped towards the once sleeping Kei, only to see her sitting up and wide awake.

"Kei?" She sat up with little difficulty and I noticed with astonishment that her eyes were now simply two different colors. Her right glowed like the brightest ember, something writhing in the depths as if there was an uncontrollable flame.

Her left glimmered with its own shine, an emerald so green it made me get lost in the forest of leafy green.

"Hey King, how're things been going?" I just stared at her, before a laugh bubbled its way out of my chest.

I staggered onto the bed and laughed. Tremors shook my whole body and I felt both Kei and Draven's stare. It was hilarious how normal she sounded as if she was just waking up from a nap instead of the dead.

"Draven, did you break him?" Her voice was accusing and I could hear him stutter his response.

"N-no! He's just crazy I believe." I stopped mid chortle and glared at him. He shrugged his shoulders but he couldn't stop staring at Kei.

"Nothing is wrong with me, Lune. I'm just glad that you're awake," I say, smiling at her tenderly. "It's been one hellish month without your sarcastic remarks." She laughed and it made the last two months disappear in an instant, the feeling on my shoulders lighter than ever.

"My goddess, I am so glad that you're okay." Draven cleared his throat but his eyes still had the mistiness of emotions. Kei lifted her hand and patted him on the head gently, smiling at him brightly.

"I must've worried everyone to their death beds. Especially you, King." I didn't miss the hidden joke nestled in her words and I shook my head.

"I'm just happy to see your humor has come out of it unscathed," I say dryly before sitting on the edge of the bed and reaching over for her other hand. Axel finally relaxed after so many days of pacing, relinquishing to her warm hand. She grinned at me knowingly.

"Quite good, don't you think?" I chuckled while Draven stared at the both of us with confusion.

"What am I not getting that you two are?" She gave him a sly smile and flicked him on the forehead. He cursed and moved away from her, rubbing the spot on his forehead. "What was that for?"

"Draven, why don't you go spread and tell the rest of your family that I'm up and kicking? I imagine they are worried, especially that mother of yours." Her words were warm as she spoke of his family, good memories surfacing in her eyes. He smiled, happy and carefree, as he nodded and stood.

"I will, and I know when I'm third wheeling. Now, next time we meet, please stay undamaged of anything, will you?"

"I can't promise anything," she said with a laugh. He opened his mouth to reply but when he caught my narrowed eyes, urging him to just leave, he huffed and turned.