#16

Will POV

A twig snapped, and Will jumped. The twig snapper turned out to be a hellhound. Just his luck.

He ran through a mental checklist of ways to begin an assault on this creature. Before he could get too lost in bis head, Will heard the scrape of metal on metal as a Stygian iron sword was pulled from its sheath.

"Leave." The owner of the sword commanded.

There was only one person Will knew who had a sword like that, with a voice just as deadly.

The creature let out a whimper and melted back don to the depths of Hades the beast had originated from.
Will closed his eyes and turned around to face the boy. It was Nico. Just Nico. His Nico. His only Nico. Nico. His boyfriend. An irreplaceable boyfriend. He couldn't do this to him.

  Will stumbled forwards into a confused Nico, letting the smaller boy's arms wrap around him. The son of Apollo held onto his boyfriend, sobbing. The tears left tracks down his dirty face, washing away the dirt that had gathered there from hiding among the bushes.

"I can't do it. I won't. I can't. No. I just, gods. I won't. I don't care. I may get hurt, but I don't care. You're too much to me. I won't." Will murmured under his breath, shaking his head furiously. Actually, his whole body was shaking.

He didn't know who he was reassuring, Nico or himself. He pressed his freckled nose into the other's cold neck. He pressed a kiss to the pale skin, trying to reassure himself that Nico was really here. One wasn't enough, soon he was pressing kisses all over the other boy's skin, touching every place he could reach with his lips.

"Wha.." Nico's question was cut off.

The blonde placed a finger to the other boy's lips, before replacing his finger with his lips. Eventually Nico melted into the kiss.

After a while, they ended up walking to the Hades cabin. Nico turned to him, curiosity etched on his face.

"Will."

Just that. Just his name. No accusations, no harsh words, no prodding questions. Just his name.

The son of Apollo took a breath, filling his lungs with the dark air of the Hades cabin. His mouth opened, only to shut again without a sound. His nose scrunched and his eyebrows pulled together. He huffed out, expelling the air in an effort to steel his nerves.

"I'm sorry," his head fell, chin brushing his tanned chest. Will leaned against the wall, unable to face Nico.

"I know you want a hero, a night in shining armor, a Percy Jackson." Nico flinched at the name. "You deserve one too. I'm just scared, no, scratch that. I'm just waiting for the day you wake up and realize I'm not who you want anymore. I just," he sighed. "Sorry. I'm sorry."

"Shut up. You have nothing to apologize for. I... I thought I needed a knight in shining armor, but in all truth? I need you. Someone who's gonna put up with my bullshit, my past, my angst."

Will snorted. Nico glared at him, but continued.

"And yeah, maybe, someday we'll split. It's natural. But enjoy it while it lasts ok? Gods that sounds like I want it to end. I don't I swear, I just... I don't know. It's hard for me. I'm the mopey one here, not you."

Nico's mouth curved up into a half smirk.

"Come'ere," he beckoned, pulling the tanned boy closer. "Kiss me."

Will rolled his eyes, but gladly gave into his boyfriend's request. 

So no, things weren't perfect, they never are. But they where good.  They never did end up splitting. Today they are happily married, with many days (and fights) ahead of them. They don't last very long apart though. Someone swallows their pride and apologizes to the other, occasionally to find him about to do the same. Nico and Will never adopted, as they were quite busy with all of their "nieces" and "nephews." Their friends and been quite happy to procreate, and the married men were quite happy to play with and visit the children. Will went on to UCLA, deciding to take a break from the demigod world for a bit. He got his masters and now works at the on campus hospital, saving the world one child at a time. Nico teaches history at UCLA after getting his degree as well. He is quite good at it, having direct access to the ghosts who lived it and all. So in the end, it all worked out quite well for them.