#5

Will POV
    There is so much crap in Nico's life. He doesn't need anymore. I thought I was doing something nice by making him breakfast. Instead, he broke down in tears. I feel like a failure of a friend. Maybe I just didn't know how to be a friend. At least, not a true one. I may be friendly, but I don't have a lot of friends. True friends are hard to come by. Instead of trying to find them, most people just start to adapt to the ones they have. I don't know what to do in situations like this. 

And what do I do if I want to be more than friends? How do I tell him? I remember the last real friend I had, Jacob, stabbed me on the back. I had had this crush on Mark, and the only person I told was Jacob. A little while after I told him, Mark accused me of being gay, in front of my whole class. I never spoke to Jacob again. My thoughts drifted back to Nico. His shaggy black hair. His obsidian eyes, so deep you could drown in them. His perfect little nose. His pale, Italian complexion. Those adorable freckles splattered over his nose and cheekbones. His teeth, perfectly straight and white. And his lips. Oh his lips. I got this sudden urge to kiss those lips. They looked so soft. The son of hades had surprisingly warm lips. I snapped myself out of it, focusing on Nico's story. Not just how strong his wiry arms where. Or how magical and electrifying  his hands where. He explains the story of his sister, how she died saving them. When he finished, I say there with him, in a silence so thick, you could practically touch it. Saying I'm sorry didn't feel adequate so instead, I just kissed the too of his head. I heard him let out a small gasp, but he did to flinch a away, or freak out like I was expecting him too.

"Will? Can I go back to sleep?" Nico asked.
"Oh, uh sure." I started to get up, but Nico's hand tugging my shirt back down stopped me.
"I was kinda hoping you'd stay." He murmured sheepishly.
"Oh. Ya. I'd love to." As I said it, I payed down next to him. Nico curled into me, fitting into me like two puzzle pieces. That's exactly how we fell asleep, nestled into each other, keeping each other warm.