New Beginnings

My heart was in my throat and pounding our my chest as I realized, "I'm leaving for what might be the best thing I have ever done. But... mom... She'll be all alone!" I looked at my dog and whispered quietly, "Now boy, say here and keep momma company. We don't want her getting all upset, okay?" I pulled a dog treat from my tent and tossed it in the tent's direction , and naturally, he followed. "I should tell her where I've gone, to get rid of any remaining worries she may have by sunrise..." I thought to myself. "The best option is to write her a letter. She's got to believe me, she has to." I sighed, hoping and praying she would understand my reason for straying away from the area. I quickly wrote up a letter, along with a sketch I hastily made of the being I had witnessed. The note read: I am off to do the impossible. Or at least to most people. I saw a strange creature while laying in the tent, I know Rupert would have barked, but unfortunately he woke after it's disappearance. I hope to see you again soon, and I shall tell you all about my great journey to it! P.S: "It" is the name I gave to the thing I saw.

        Love, Emily Cherish.

     I said my last goodbyes, taking my last long look at my mothers large green tent. And I dashed off. I trekked through the woods whilst a beam of light shone through the thick, dark, green tree leaves. It slowly got brighter, illuminating a pathway around the sharp thorny plants that wrapped around the trees like snakes, and moved north. So of course, I followed it in hopes that I may  lead me to my objective.
     I treaded on for countless hours. Constantly convincing myself that it would stop moving, and my ankles can finally take a break from aching, I was sick if feeling like I had broke them on a large metal beam. My eyes felt heavy, constantly drooping, as if someone was pulling them shut constantly. That's the beauty of determination, sadly.
     Then I heard something, but I couldn't quite recognize what the noise could've been... Like a hungry, vicious wolf howling in the night. I stopped, so scared it paralyzed me. I looked to my left... Then my right... Nothing. "Oh s***..." "That was dumb, you have got a wolf on the prowl, an you got the nerve to talk?! Idiot!", I scolded myself. Suddenly, I felt the noise get louder... Closer... Even closer now... And then it hit me: it was Rupert. He was yelping for help! "Rupert!! Oh God... Hold on!! Momma's coming!" I feared what was going on with him, if he was bleeding out, if he was actually being hunted by wolves, instead of me like I originally thought. I sprinted, my ankles mow feeling like they were being stabbed and pricked by the sharpest of needles and knives, but I didn't care. Rupert was my only friend in this whole thing, and I wasn't about to let him die!!
     I saw him, he was trapped in a rope, that was held in the air by a long, thick tree branch, and his arms were stuck in the diamond-shaped holes of the rope. "Oh... The classic trap by rope and net. You were trying to find me, boy? How sweet. Wait, I told you to stay with mother! Bad Rupert! Now she is gonna be all alone!" I said with dissapointment. He let out a whimper, as if saying, "I'm sorry, Emily!" "I forgive you, don't worry." I was worried about mother, but relived at the same time, knowing that my dog was okay, and just scared. I wanted to release him, but how? I noticed the bag I brought with me, and reached inside. I take that thing everywhere, all the time. So sometimes I take it without realizing it. You know, force of habit. Hard to break most times.
     I saw some arrows, "Why is that in here? Oh my, I'm so unorganized... But I have my bow with me, at least. Also, why didn't I think of that?! I'm also so stupid." I let out a quiet chuckle as I took the arrows and dumped them out of my bag and into my quiver. Leaving one behind to shoot at the base of the trap. Let me also mention the fact that it hung down from the tree a little before the different sides of the opening of the net met, which was where Rupert was held prisoner.
     I readied my weapon, aimed it, and drew it back with as much force as it could possibly bear... And released. "Rupert! I got you buddy!" I dropped my bow and dashed under the dog. "Phew! Barely missed you, boy!" I set him down hastily, as he weighed a lot. No lie, he was fat. His golden brown fur was dirty, and he had a ticks dotted on her fur. I got them out... Well, most of them (their bodies). "God dang it! I lost the light! I may never find it now!" I was furious. "I was so determined to find it, and for what? To be stopped by a dog! Well, I shouldn't be mad at him, that's the only friend I have right now. I have to protect him wth everything I've got."
     Right as he escaped, he darted into a nearby thicket. "Rupert! Wait up! D*** it!" Once again I was racing, fighting my will to stop, my ankles felt a little better, but they still hurt like h***. How he was able to make it through the bushes so quickly, I have no idea. I tripped and fell countless times trying not to lose my dog again. What if he gets into any more trouble? Finally, I found the light as well as Rupert.
     It stopped in a open field, and slowly descended down, like a graceful butterfly landing onto a flower. I inched closer, paying extra attention to going unnoticed. I peeked through a bush, and I saw the most beautiful thing in all of reality. The ball of bright shining light slowly took the form of a woman, her legs together and arms open wide, and thick. Even every strand of her hair was a bright turquoise individual, flowing about as if she was underwater. And "POOF", the light did not fade off of her, but fracture, then, simultaneously, broke off and dissolved into the green grass. "Hello? Who goes there? Show yourself, dweller!" The woman was talking... To ME. Before I could run, she was already behind me, holding her sword to my neck, ready to kill her intruder. "Speak, b****. Or there will be nothing but blood and guts that remain here." I began to sweat, not knowing what to say in the slightest. "Fine. I will give you ten seconds, and I mean TEN, to answer the following question: Why. Are. You. Here."