Nice and Cozy...

I woke up to the feeling of My dog Rupert nudging me to awaken, and the sweet sound of sizzling bacon on the stove. The smell motivated me to spring out of bed and leap into the kitchen saying, "Welcome all to another day!" I don't know why, but mornings like this make me feel like anything is possible. Weird, huh? Anyway, my mother chuckled and said, "Well you sure are excited!! Don't get too hyper though, I'm making your waffles---"

"With extra syrup?!" I exclaimed.

"Yes ma'am!" She said with a bright grin.

My mother was a wonderful woman. She had long brown hair and blue eyes, and she wore a red button-up shirt with skinny jeans. We lived away from it all, you know, the commotion, problems, society. We simply enjoyed the forest at my front door.
The sunshine seeped through the curtains onto the dark wooden table. I took a seat as she lay the plate in front of me. We both said grace and chowed down. Well actually, I was doing most of that while she ate regularly and not-so-sloppy-ish. I dropped a piece of egg that had slipped off my fork, straight into my puppy's mouth. It was adorable, but of course, all dogs are.
After that we went out front, but I noticed something strange. "Wonder what's wrong with the sun today. It's usually beaming with light but today... Not so much." My mother said that it may have been a one time thing and not to fret, so I didn't.
Then I remembered my father. We used to watch the sunrise, all three of us. "Will father ever come back?" My mother looked up at the early morning sky and just said, "Someday sugar. Don't you worry about nothing." You see, my father went to the military, he has been there for years. It was his dream at first, but he left that dream to be with Lily, now known as my mother. Too bad everyone must sign the draft... Regardless.
I went to bed that night with Rupert, my dog, at my feet. Thinking about the day, thoughts raced through my head about my life and the way I lived it, when I eventually came to realize: What have I done to make my life worthwhile? I wake up, read, go hiking on the trail leading through the wood, a couple of other things... And sleep. I mean, I don't hate where I'm at, it's just that I need to spice things up, something new and shiny to put in my soon-to-be collection of "Accomplishments and Feats in Life". It is staring to get old, y'know? Well I guess Mother Goddess answered my plea for adventure, because the next day was absolutely extraordinary.