Chapter 11: Final Peace

(( This is our last chapter! I appreciate everyone's support so far! Hopefully you all enjoyed this!! I loved being able to write this. ))

I was thinking really hard about everything. What I was going to say and all.

I had gotten this far.

I had been through my whole story.

(Review over the story) I had been fine for a while, but then I had been replaced by a monster. That monster happened to be Grillby. For a while I hated him, until he began following me. I was slowly warming up to him, and soon after a sleepover I was informed that Mary, the person who had been my old friend but had turned into my enemy, was going to confess to Grillby. It turned out, she was actually going to confess to me. She got mad and decided to take Grillby away from me and ruin our relationship every way possible. But now she had finally stopped. I felt bad, so today everything would be put to rest. (End review)

I took every last bit of courage I had to confront Mary. I found her sitting near a water fountain in the park near our school.

As soon as she saw me, she prepared to leave. "Mary. Please, wait..." I said and rushed over to her.

"I'm sure you found out..."

"Yes, I'm sorry, I didn't know you had a crush on me...I thought that you had a crush on Grillby..! And I had a crush on him too, so..."

"Are you an idiot? Why would I be in love with Grillby? He's a ball of fire for crying out loud...did you know this whole time I was in love with you?"

"What?" I asked, a bit shocked she would assume that. "Did you just want to see me suffer?" She responded.

Mary stood up and gave me a death glare. "I mean, I was finally going to confess so that I wouldn't seem like a total b*tch for ignoring you recently! I was getting nervous because I didn't know if you would feel the same and I was going to confess soon. Everyone else knew too, except you. That's why we ignored you!"

"Mary, I..."

"I was nervous, and when you left me for good, I didn't know how to react! I was going to confess, but then you had beat me to it and confessed to Grillby! The monster I let into my group cause he had no where else to go!"

Mary was now struggling to contain her tears.

"I...I loved you so much! I knew you probably weren't gay, but...I had to know if you felt the same! I didn't even get a chance to confess before you went for Grillby! I was so angry, so I decided if you at least didn't have Grillby, I would be happier. So I tried to take him from you. I had never done anything stupider in my life...! I'm...!"

I cut Mary off, because I couldn't take it. Hearing her motive...hearing how stupid and dumb she felt...I felt bad for her.

She worked hard to make herself popular. It's my fault she went all wild. Then she abused her power and tried to take my happiness from me since I had taken her's from her.

I cut her off and gave her a deep, warm, loving hug. She stood frozen for a second, then buried her face into my shoulder slowly, weeping as she did so. She began to break down into tears and soon, she was hugging me back.