Chapter 2: Plan of Freedom

((MATURE LANGUAGE INCLUDED! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.)))

Undyne and Alphys said how lame those friends of mine seem to be and how they were causing me more problems than happiness. So they said they would be my friends no matter what happened. This was my perfect escape. No way I'm going to take being replaced. Those people aren't worth my time. They may turn everyone against me, but I'm sure this can work if I have at least two people by my side.

I guess monsters have some heart after all. "So, when should I break it off?" I asked as I began to walk out of the school. "Today!" Undyne insisted. Alphys seemed as shocked at this response as I was. "What?! Shouldn't we wait till-!" "Till tomorrow? No, of course not. Don't be ridiculous. Then they have an excuse to cause a scene in front of everyone. Right now is the best time!" Undyne stated. Alphys was quiet, as if she was leaving the situation up to us.

I bit my lip an looked at my group of friends and that...monster. Seeing him...what a replacement. Grillby, huh? I hate the name. "...fine." I gave in and began to walk up to them. Alphys seemed surprised and Undyne seemed satisfied. She's right. I'll chicken out tomorrow, this has to be done tonight. I approached the group of friends, they were all laughing about something. They glanced over at me, then quickly continued on with their business like I was invisible. This got me angry.

"Uh. Hello? I'm alive, in case you couldn't tell." I said loudly. They all looked over at me, their faces showing clear annoyance. "Oh, it's you." One of my old friends said with a scoff. I grinned at her. "You'll be the happiest to hear this news I'll assume then." I said. Grillby was hanging around my group of friends at the time, making me even more eager to blurt out the news.

"Can you hurry up? We're kind of in the middle of something." The leader said in a snotty voice. How did I manage to get stupid enough to become friends with that bitch? "Of course, your highness," I mocked, her face showing clear surprise. "Okay, so first off, your all fucking bitches and I hate every single one of you. Second, nice job at a replacement. A ball of fire! How laughable. Third, I'm done with your bull, so never acknowledge me as your friend! Ever!" I chirped happily.

By now their faces were struck with such a laughable face, that I had to cover my mouth while running away to avoid laughing. Their expressions consisted of anger and shock. Shock mostly. They were all stunned silent. "(Y/N)! The whole school will hate you if you don't come back here and apologize right now!" Their leader barked angrily at me as I ran. "I'll make your life a hell! You just wait! You made a big mistake messing with me, (Y/N)!!!" She yelled. I glanced back and burst out laughing when I noticed her face red from anger. Then, she began to chase after me.

I just remembered... I suck at running!

My eyes widened and the I ran past Undyne and Alphys. They realized the situation and began to run with me. Undyne was laughing along with Alphys. They seemed to have heard the whole thing. I was too panicked to laugh. I only managed a shocked chuckle after realizing what I had just done. It was kind of relieving to know that it was over.

Or so I thought.

I finally stopped to catch my breath when I was nearby my home. Undyne was out of breath too, from both laughing and running. Same with Alphys. "My legs are so sore...ow..." Alphys complained and sat down on the ground. "That's the biggest workout I've done all month!" Undyne exclaimed with a chuckle. I realized that when I looked back to see the leader chasing me, that Grillby had disappeared. Hm....probably nothing big. "You really laid it on them hard!" Undyne said with a laugh.

"Y-yeah..." I said with a nod. Maybe that was a mistake...maybe if I hadn't worded it like that, the punishment wouldn't be so great. Now I was really in for it. At least these two dorks had my back, and that's all I need. "I thought you would just bring about the news nicely..!" Alphys admitted, still trying to catch her breath. "That was surely a surprise...."

"I didn't expect that either...there was just so much anger in me at that moment, that I just let it all out on them...." I said with a shrug. "I can't believe you did what you did, your really brave!" Undyne praised and I laughed a bit. "No, I'm not brave. I was just using my anger as fuel." I said with a smile.

"Well, I thought you were pretty brave. I better get going, so I'll see you tomorrow!" Alphys said and began to walk off. "I'll catch you later as well! Ngaaaah! I'm all pumped now! See you, dork!" Undyne said and ran off. How could she still run after that? I chuckled and waved. "Bye. I'll see you two tomorrow!" I shouted and adjusted my backpack, hoisting it up and walking towards my home.

I hummed a familiar tune I had heard once called Heartache. It was a very nice tune. I was very handy in planning it on the piano as well! I was humming happily, my eyes running over the landscape. My humming was cut short when I saw a figure standing at my house. I was full of anger. I gritted my teeth together and stomped over to the house angrily.

"Why are you here?!" I asked in anger. "Look, I know what you-"
"I just can't get you out of my sight, can I Grillby?!" I asked angrily and folded my arms over my chest. He sighed and adjusted his glasses, I tapped my foot against the ground impatiently. "I know what you think of me," He began and I nodded angrily. "But I'm really not that bad of a guy! Honest!" He protested. I looked away, debating with myself.

This guy is ridiculous. Anyone who's friends with those losers are bound to be bad. He purposely replaced me! Hmph. "Just because you say your a good person, doesn't mean you are. It doesn't make you any less bad of a person in my eyes!" I stated, firmly holding the suspicions I had of him in place. "I know. I don't expect you to believe me, so I'll try to explain my reasoning. But that probably won't work either, so I'm going to become your friend and show you that I'm not a bad guy," Grillby said in a determined voice.

Is this guy serious?

"You? Friends with me? Never." I barked at him. "You replaced my position with my friends, you gossip with them, you never acknowledge me, and now because I'm not friends with them anymore I'm suddenly important?!" I asked angrily. I thought a made a pretty good point. But it didn't make his determination fade away even the slightest. "No no, that's not it. I didn't know you felt that I was replacing you. I wasn't ignoring you, either!" He protested, but quickly thought back in his words.

"Well, at least not intentionally..." He muttered to himself. "You kept giving me these glares, so I thought you didn't want to talk. And I wasn't gossiping. They were forcing topics on to me. I didn't realize what was going on until after you got mad at them." Grillby explained and gave a serious look. "In case you think you won't ever be my friend, think again. I'm not going back on this decision." He said firmly and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"You're an idiot." I said and looked past him, walking past him and into my house. Hopefully he'll learn to leave me the hell alone.

((Slowly making progress! Grillby senpai loves you. He'll make you love him. Fwahaha.))