Chapter 9: Undyne and Andrew

((My UT one shots book is really getting out of hand...I don't know what to do with it anymore XD anyways enjoy!))

I was still very proud of myself after what I had said and done. Grillby was proud of me as well! But right now in order to keep me going in this competition, I needed Undyne back, and fast.

I still had no idea why she was acting the way she was, but my questions were answered when Alphys sent me a surprise text.

It read: (Y/N), something terrible has happened! Undyne explained everything to me, and I'm not supposed to tell you this, but I can't keep secrets...I especially can't keep secrets away from a friend!

There was this guy who told Undyne he would hurt me if she didn't unfriend you, and it really spooked Undyne! She blew it off at first...but then when she realized she had left me alone with you, she freaked out and was so glad I made it out unharmed.

She got so worried, she decided to do what was best for me. I told her I was fine, but she really won't listen! She's too worried! Please, you gotta help somehow!

I was filled with joy knowing Undyne didn't hate my guts! This was a tough situation...I didn't even know where to start! I replied quickly.

Don't worry, I'm on the case Alphys!

I was about to set off to get help but I got a sudden text from Alphys.

Wait! Can I do anything to help? I'm tired of being useless!

I smiled at this, and texted back.

It would be great if you could try and convince Undyne that even if someone did hurt you that she would be strong enough to fend the person off for you. You're not useless by the way! Also, could you tell me where Undyne was threatened?

And with that, I was gone. Mary obviously sent the guy. Nobody would come out of the blue and threaten them if they didn't stop being friends with me!

But, Mary had a bunch of guys lined up and awaiting her command! Mary was very pretty, and very popular! It's only natural this would happen.

This made it hard to guess which guy would do something like this. So I needed a lead. Alphys telling me the location would give me the hope that maybe someone saw the guy who did it, and I can fix things straight with him.

Alphys took her time on texting back, and as soon as she did I knew this case would be easy to crack.

It was near the new bakery that opened up! I believe a monster named Muffet runs it. I'll do my best on convincing!

I thanked her via text and rushed off to the bakery. I barged in through the door and ran over to Muffet. She gave me a warm smile and offered out a free sample of a spider donut. Only, these donuts were small.

"Hello! Pleasure to see you here again! You seem to be in a rush, what's the hurry?" Muffet asked innocently.

"Did you happen to see a guy talking to Undyne? Wait, do you know who Undyne is?" I asked, hoping she would. I took the sample of the spider donut and ate it really quick, since I was a bit hungry.

"Of course I know Undyne! And now that you mention it, I might've seen her talking to some guy..."

She went into detail, and I came into realization as to who it was. That guy who used to talk to me...who Grillby was glaring at since he was staring at me...of course!

He'd do anything for Mary! "Thank you so much!" I said quickly and hurried off. I was able to easily locate him. He had invited me over to his house once to discuss how he could win Mary's heart. It was a big waste of time for me.