Chapter 6: First Date

Oh my goodness...my actual first date...

With a fireball.

But hey, I'm not complaining. He's super cute. What I'm complaining about is how flirty Mary is being with my fireball. Every second of the date u can't manage to squeeze in a single word without Mary running up to Grillby and tuning the whole thing.

Words cannot explain how annoying it was.

Here I was standing right by Grillby, yet he doesn't spare a glance thanks to Mary on the other side of him. "Oh Grillby....sometimes I wonder if we could hang out privately sometimes. Your so funny~!" Mary said happily and giggled.

I flinched and felt my anger boiling up. I wonder how long it would take me to shove her face into a river to make her stop that stupid giggle.

"Talking to you with all these kids around is difficult. You don't suppose you could hang out this weekend, hm?" She asked, her eyes filling up with hope.

"I-"
"Sorry! We've actually got a date planned out." I interrupted Grillby and made my best fake smile at her. She snarled at me and let out a huff of air. "Yeah...sorry. Maybe another time." He said and she nodded.

"I suppose." She said and glared at me. I only smiled back and stayed close to Grillby. "Hey, about that date...where would you like to go?" I asked. I didn't really have things planned out, but we might as well do something we both enjoy doing instead of something only I enjoy doing.

"Hmm....perhaps we can go out to see a movie and go to dinner afterwards?" Grillby suggested and smiled gently at me. What a cutie. His smile only made me more determined to keep him away from Mary. "Sounds good!" I chirped happily.

"Then it's settled." He said and chuckled a bit. "What's so funny?" I asked, a tad confused by the chuckle. "Oh, nothing....I'm just really shocked that a cutie like you would ask someone like me on a date." He said and grinned, a pink blush running across his flames.

"What?! Are you saying I'm the cutie? Grillby! I'm surprised you even accepted! Your the one who's cute! I'm just....me." I said and giggled. His compliment did make me blush however. He's so nice....

Mary seemed quite pissed off. "I don't understand what you see in (Y/N). Their just so plain." Mary scoffed at me and looked away. "Maybe to you their not all great. But to me, their the world." Grillby said, his eyes glistening with hope.

I could only grin at Grillby. My heart was instantly warmed by him defending me. "...I'll see you later." She said and stormed off in the other direction.

Grillby and I walked home, discussing our past lives and our friends. "So, do you have a best friend?" I asked Grillby. He nodded. "I did fancy one of the monsters named Gaster." "Gaster?" I asked in confusion. The name didn't ring a bell.

Grillby sighed and looked off into the sky. "He never made it to the surface. One day we met up, and he said he probably wouldn't come back. I asked him why, but he never answered." He explained. "To this day, I never know where that guy went. But he has a special place in my heart."

I frowned and looked at my feet. "I wish I would've gotten to meet him.... I'm sorry he disappeared." I apologized. "I don't need any pity, don't worry. It wasn't your fault anyways." Grillby reassured and held my hand. He was wearing gloves, so it's all okay. I didn't burn myself.