дружба

A week passed and (Name) was happily working away as a runner, due to her ability to navigate the entire ship. This unfortunately meant that she had to keep wearing her skirt and heels, which made running quite hard. She had re-twisted her ankle twice already, and rolled it on a daily occasion. Bones was getting increasingly irritated at the amount of times she was visiting the med bay, complaining about her ankle or other injuries she had obtained while falling due to her ankle. He finally lost it when he went up to the bridge to try to force Kirk into his way past due physical and saw (Name) limping past him with a data pad. He grabbed her by the arm and dragged her back to the bridge. "Damnit Jim, I'm no fashion designer, but even I know that a skirt and heels is not a practical uniform for a runner." He said, dragging poor (Name) behind him and presenting her right in front of the captain.

Captain James T. Kirk stared at the rather pretty female who had been running to and fro all week, bringing data pads and knick-knacks to various bridge members. "Does she have another uniform?" Spock said, saving Kirk from having to reply.

"I have the male Starfleet uniform." (Name) said. There was confused silence. "It's a long story." She added.

"Well, I don't see why we should force her to wear the heels. You are dismissed to go change." Kirk said. (Name) nodded, gave a salute, and left the bridge, still limping.

"She should also be excused from work for a few days, so her ankle can heal itself. She's limping pretty bad now." Bones grunted.

Kirk nodded, "That would be wise."

* * *

Meanwhile, (Name) had become fast friends with Chekov and Sulu, and was now a regular participant in their movie nights. It turned out that she had a large supply of old movies that may or may not have been pirated. Sulu had even found some that were deemed "lost in time" due to the rareness of finding them. 

As she stripped down out of her heels and skirt her communicator beeped. Flipping it open expertly she found an message from the ships doctor telling her she was dismissed from her duties for a week to let her ankle heal and to report to the medical bay so he could take a look at it.

Throwing on a pair of dark jeans and a vintage "NASA" tshirt, (Name) limped down to the med bay.