Giving a knowing smile, I make room for her sandaled feet to enter quietly against the wooden floor. After waiting for her to look questioningly at the taped floor, I shut the door and begin to explain the situation. “Oh yeah haha don’t mind the tape. After Scooter got me my own bed for in here, Nathan had a bit of a fit saying ‘Mate she’s going to mess everything up’ and ‘Scooter why can’t she just sleep in a box under the cupboard’; so being me, I threatened to beat his ass then taped the floor declaring sides of the room. Again he wasn’t happy saying ‘She’s bat shit crazy mate’ but scooter wouldn’t listen to him. Anyway, make yourself comfortable; by the way Nath’s bed in memory foam” I add the last part with a cynical wink and watch Kelsey shake her blonde head and saunter over to my bed.

Following suit, I pull up the rolling chair from Nathan’s desk and straddle the seat backwards. With my chest resting comfortable against the back of the chair, I wait patiently for Kelsey begin. Her breathing increases and she starts picking at her nail beds anxiously. Giving her a look she starts to calm down and speaks slowly.

“As you already know, Tom and I aren’t exactly together. I broke it off after I got a letter from the postman, saying Tom cheated on me while he was at a gig two months ago. My heart broke Becc’s, this isn’t the first time he’s cheated on me. When he got back from Capital, I questioned him about it, and he denied, denied, denied. He’s never lied to me about cheating and I don’t know Rebbeca. I just- how could he do this to me again? Why would he do it again? I thought he was done with his playboy manner, but I guess not. Nareesha and Kelsey Anne have never went through something like this, and that’s why I’m here. I need your advice.”

I let her words sink deep down into my noggin. From what I know on both sides, each are hurt by one another’s actions. For some reason though, I just can’t believe that Tom; yet again cheated on Kelsey. I find it almost impossible! Thomas is head over heels in love with Kelsey and yet he would cheat on her at some gig? Something doesn’t quite add up right if you ask me.

“Kels listen and listen good. I believe someone decided to sabotage you and Tom for some reason. Was there any actual proof, like pictures or video?” She shakes her head ‘no’, and I continue; “That’s what I thought. Kelsey, Tom is head over heels in love with you, and he’s just as hurt as you in this whole situation. Like you said before, he’s never lied to you about cheating so why would he do it now? I think you and I should do some more investigating about this whole rumor. And while we do that, you also need to talk to Tom and figure out his whole side of the story. I trust him, and I know you do too. Believe me when I say this: Tom didn’t cheat on you.”

After devising a master plan and Kelsey making some banging pancakes I force myself to get dressed. Grabbing an old jumper from a pile of Nathan’s clothes, I pull on some plaid leggings and throw my hair into a messy bun. Hoping over to Jay’s room while Kelsey sits quietly in the living area, I scrounge around to find two things. My sunglasses, and the flip. Since we’re going to be doing some serious detective work, having a camera seems like a pretty legit idea if you ask me. Finding the small electronic device under bagged bedding for Tia, I quickly feed the lizard and dash out to my awaiting friend.

            “Well don’t you just look cute… I wish I could pull that off.”

            “Shut up and let’s go! We are now certified detectives.”

            With a small giggle, she leads the way out of the large apartment. Grabbing my key off of the ring, I follow behind and lock the door. Giving a second look at the distant door, I press forward down to the busy London streets below. Sauntering towards the elevator I glance over at my blonde headed companion and see the worry radiating off of her, and my heart sinks. Slowly, and tentatively I grasp her shoulder then give her a gentle squeeze.