Welcome Back Babe

This chapter is dedicated to @iltwaod! You're comment made my night! ENJOY!!!!

That night, the argument on sleeping arrangements had to be made. And believe me, it was a complete and total argument. Max had made it clear that he wanted no one to share my bed with me, whom I totally agreed with but seeing as the other two rooms turned into an office and gym we had to make some minor arrangements which didn’t suite well with my brother.

“Nope! No one is sleeping in your bed Beccs. Sorry but we saw what happened last time.” He remarked giving an all knowing look at Nathan who in returned blushed. I scoffed loudly before getting Max’s attention again by poking his chest repeatedly as I spoke, trying to give myself a little authority.

“Listen here George, I don’t want this anymore than you do. But how you have completely forgotten the lack of space is beyond me. Now, you and I aren’t going to share because, well we’re brother and sister and that’s just weird. Siva has already claimed the inflatable because he’s the only smart one out of the bunch. The pull out couch can be shared by two of you if you wanted. So you and Tom Tom can share that. That leaves Jay, and Nathan. Jay can bunk with me” I say glancing over at the Nottingham boy, whose eyes seem to have grown to the sizes of moons. Now don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t have minded sharing with any of the lads except that nasty sloth. But Jay, well we had some talking to do anyway and with the safety of my room it’ll be easier to talk. What I didn’t expect to see was the shock written all over Nathan’s face. His eyes bulged and his mouth was slightly agape at the announcement of him most likely having to sleep on the floor. Siva came over and put a light hand on his shoulder to reassure him that the inflatable could be shared if needed. Shrugging his hand off, Nathan stomped away into the office slamming the door behind him. Again, I pay him no mind seeing as he no longer exists to me in any: Way, shape, or form.

“Fine then! Bird you’re bunking with Rebbeca. Christ on a bike.” After Max spat that out any other argument would have been invalid. I made up my mind and well he would just have to accept that. It’s not like I was going to well sleep with Jay. Okay, well I was but it was sleep, sleep. Not sleep. It makes complete sense so don’t judge me.  I watch as Max goes over to the couch with Tom, quickly ripping off the cushions to reveal the hidden bed beneath. While I get engrossed with them working together to get the mattress out, Jay grabs my hand now getting my full attention. Taking the hint, I start pulling him towards the room, both of us biding them good night.

Moving quickly, we make it to my room and into the silence that lingered there. Once Jay followed behind me, he slowly closed the door, the soft click seeming to echo throughout the full room. Slowly, I shuffle over to the bed and plop down. Bringing my thumb to my mouth I start chewing nervously on the callus that resides there, making Jay give an over eccentric sigh. Moving quickly he places his body next to mine and pulls me close, giving a reassuring squeeze that everything will be alright.

“How was your… Date…. Tonight?” Jay asks, slowly running his long fingers through my hair. My mind goes reeling into the past events of tonight, making a scowl appear. The way that Andy talked so down on these guys, saying that it’d be worse for me to be around them? What does he know? Nothing, he knows nothing about me and the rest of the lads. They’re great, three of my best mates and my brother. Then the other one, the one that I keep trying to knock from my mind but it just isn’t working and it’s really starting to put a damper on my mood. Sighing, I place my head gently against Jay’s shoulder as he continues to run his fingers through my hair.

“It was, interesting. But, I don’t think I’ll be going on another date with him. Or back to the place, I accidentally hit a girl in the face… With my golf club.” Pulling my lip in between my mouth, Jay’s shaking shoulders make a blush creep up my face. Willing myself away from the Nottingham boy, I just trudge into the bathroom giving a silent announcement that I’m ready for bed.