Unexpectedly|Kai Parker

It was a cold winter here in mystic falls, probably one of the coldest since I can remember. I was currently out Christmas shopping , Caroline and Elena are having a Secret Santa switch off on Christmas Eve so I need too shop for the person I got which was Elena and I'm also getting everyone else little gifts just because.

I quickly go into one of Elena's favorite clothing stores trying too get out of the cold as quickly as possible. Her and I have similar taste in clothes so it shouldn't be hard looking for some stuff here. I go to where they have all the Christmas specials in the store and I accidentally bump into someone as I take a sharp turn into the clothing isle. " I'm sorry , I should have looked at where I was going" I say as I look up at an all too familiar face. It was my now ex-boyfriend Kai. He decided that he need time alone and he wanted to go too Portland again to do some stuff , so I let him go.

" hey..." He says a bit awkwardly. " well this is weird seeing you hear I thought you had gone back to Portland?" I say. " uh yeah I did, but it was quite boring there and I missed the supernatural life here in mystic falls" he says raising his eyebrows in an exciting manner. " of course " I say shaking my head. " so what brings you in here on this freezing day?" Kai says as we start to walk together thru the isle. " Elena and Caroline have this secret Santa thing going on and I'm getting gifts for it" I say. " oh yeah... I forgot that holiday was coming up" Kai says. " yup , your favorite one" I joke , he absolutely hates Christmas , last year I made him take a picture with the Santa at the mall and I thought he was gonna kill me for it.

" I still have that god awful picture of me and that creep in the mall that was dressed as Santa" he cringes as I laugh. " I'm guessing you don't have any plans for Christmas" I say looking at different sweaters for Elena and Caroline. "no , thank god " Kai says and I just shake my head at his remark." What?" He asks from my shake of the head. " you act like Christmas is so horrible when last year I got you a bunch of gifts that you loved and made you hot chocolate and Christmas cookies while we watched Christmas movies" I say picking out a dark blue sweater that's on sale. " yeah... But that's different" Kai says. " how do?" I ask raising an eyebrow at him. " cause I spent it with you " he says and I look down at my feet.

" I really miss you , you know but from what it seems you seem great without me... I mean who wouldn't I'm a sociopath" he says shaking his head. " you knew I loved you Kai , ever since the merge you completely changed for the better and you can't keep thinking about your past I mean look and Damon and Stefan like they haven't killed dozens of people" I say to him and throws me a small smirk. " so you say you have that weird Santa thing going on Christmas Eve , are you free Christmas Day?" He asks. " actually going to my sisters house but you're more than welcomed to come " I say to him. " uh no you go ahead , we can catch up later " he says scratching the back of his neck. " no come on , that can be my Christmas present... Please come " I say putting on puppy eyes.

" fine" he says rolling his eyes. " great , that means you can now help me pick out gifts and and outfit for the holiday" I say to him grabbing his hand and making him follow me around the store." Ugh , what did I sign up for " he says shaking his head. " come on , I'll make you hot chocolate and your cookies at home " I say kissing his cheek and walking away from him but he still followed me.

I'm glad I have my Kai back.

••••••••••••••••••••

A/N:vote and comment , and remember requests are still open! 💜