"I guess." I shrugged, tucking some hair on to the back of my ears.

     "Ellis is the best!" He said enthusiastically before smiling.

      See? I told you, Andee liked Ellis cook.

       Even I loved the foods she cooks. She was well experienced so I knew she'd just go grabbing some foods out of my fridge.

       And then there was the silence. It was not awkward though. It was rather serene. Convenient.

      We both stared at the people playing. I caught a glimpse of Beth running around the track field. I tapped Andee's shoulder and he looked at me in wonder.

       "Ex- excuse me for a sec. I have to talk to someone."

      "Alright. I'll just be here." He smiled, his white teeth showing.

      I stood up quickly and brushed some dirt off my pants. He slapped my butt and I glared at him. He winked. “Catch ‘er, tiger.”

        So I did tried running. I tried to cope up with Beth's pace. I ran and ran until I was halfway reaching her. I shouted her name but it was really hard for me to shout while running. I reached out my hand nearly touching her shoulder. 

       "Beth! Beth! Beth... Wait... Wait up!" I said between my lungs.

        I sucked at running and too clumsy for any sports. I was not gifted with any sports. I know how to bike, and I think that's it. I couldn't run anymore.  And felt my asthma attacking me. So I slew down. I slumped my hands on my knees for support and breathed some more.

        Beth seemed to notice so she slowed down.

       "What the hell are you doing, Joey?" She exclaimed. Her voice was filled with worry and anger. I really missed her voice - husky like Emma Stone's.

       "I just... I just wanted to say how sorry I am..." I said while trying to get some more air. 

      "Don't be, Joey. I was just worried. But instead I got carried away and I got angry. I shouldn't have said something so rude." She tapped my shoulders. Her voice lowered into more calm voice.

      "Don't be so ridiculous, Beth. I am ready to take all the blame." I stood up. I am fine now, especially after hearing Beth's words of comfort. She must have really forgiven me. 

      "But you really did nothing bad!" She said.

      "I think, I did."

     "Just... Just please forget about it. I don’t want to remember anything about it." Beth said, stretching her arms and then bend her knees some more. She was ready for another run.

     "Friends?"

     "Best friends." And we both hugged. I smiled as Beth drew her body away from me.

     Now, everything was completely fine. It was just a small misunderstanding, that's all.

    "You going to Mel's party?" She asked, tucking one earphone in her left ear.

    "When?" I asked.

   "This friday. She said it’s going to be another house party." She chuckled. 

     "What time?" I adjusted the polo on my waist.

     "I don’t know. I’ll just text you." Beth tucked the other earphone before she gave one last hug.

     "Alright then!" I tapped her back.

      "I better get back now. My coach's gonna kill me if he knows I'm slacking off." She said jogging away, waving me goodbye.

       "Alright. See you around." I shouted.

         I returned back to Andee and he was grinning. I sat beside him and punched his arm. I couldn't get rid of my smile. Andee was gazing at me. I didn't look at him though but I knew he was happy as me. 

        "What?" I asked, pulling in my smile.

       "Nothing. Good thing you had all your misunderstanding cleared up now." He said, shifting his look away.

        "How'd you know that Beth and I got a fight?" I asked him, not looking away from the sky.

     "I don’t know.... Instinct?" We both chuckled.

        “Instict, my arse.” I said.

       Andee was just really unpredictable. I could never read him of all people. And I guess it was better this way.

       I lied down on his lap and covered my eyes.

       Weird....

        How badly I just wished Andee was a guy.

       I felt really bad to those girls he had turned down, though. I felt regret after all his manliness inside because apparently, he could be your ideal boyfriend, to be honest.

       We went silent as the breeze lazily hit our skin. Without me knowing, I fell asleep and ignored anything else in my mind.

       Now, I could finally sleep with a peace of mind.

--------------

-M xx