Chapter Three - He's a 'freak'.

I finish straightening my hair and notice the blonde roots starting to become visible. I sigh.

'Alison, hurry up,' my mum yells from the bottom of the stairs, I grab my bag and run down the stairs.

'No make up today? After that boy visiting I thought you might be all for it,' my mother says.

I sit in the back of the car listening to music while my mum and Jessica ramble on about some make up brand or something. I get out of the car without saying one word.

There he is. Zach is standing at the main entrance waiting on someone. He notices me, smiles and starts to walk over. Was he waiting on me?

'Hey!' he calls as he walks closer to me.

I put my hands on the back of my head, 'um, hi?' Why does this guy want to talk to me? 'So, how are you today'

He smiles, 'um, I'm good, I guess, how are you?'

I mirror his smile, only mine is fake, 'I'm great.'

He skips skips beside me as we walk into the school. I take my hands away from my head.

'Hey Alison,' I hear behind me, ohdearlordwhy.

I start to walk faster as she calls to me, 'stop! I'll tell mum! I just want to talk to you!'

Ugh, we do not have the same mother, why does she not understand this. I stop walking and turn around, 'what do you want Jessica?' I say in a very annoyed voice. Zach turns around and I see that he has look of hatred on his face.

I wonder what happened there, I fleetingly wonder.

'I just wanted to say hey to my sister, and tell you that you shouldn't hang around with this freak, you'll never be popular,' she says with an ugly look towards Zach, 'you should take up my offer and sit with us at lunch,' she walks away with a trail of girls following her.

She sickens me.

'Sorry,' I say putting my hands behind my head again and turn to him.

'It's ok, she's just a horrible bitch ' he replies and I smile.

Well, we agree on one thing, at least'

I start to walk to our first class with Zach beside me and put my hands at my sides. We begin to talk about how horrible that witch is, I don't ask him why he hates her just yet. When we get to class we sit in the back like yesterday, I find out we're in all the same classes but he usually skips a lot and thats why I hadn't seen him yesterday.

The first teacher of the day calls her name and I know I should answer but I can't stand to. I should correct him but I don't, I ignore him and pretend that I had never been called Alison in my life.

'It's Ash sir, not Alison,' I look up and realise the teacher had been staring at me, probably expecting an answer, and Zach had corrected him.

I smile at him, 'thanks' he flashes a smile back.

I don't pay a lot of attention in my first class, maths. I'm ok at maths, I guess. I love maths and wish I was better at it. Maths just makes so much sense. It truly is beautiful, in my opinion.

I don't really pay attention through any of my classes, we don't really do much, they explain what the next year will be spent doing and hand out books, Zach corrects any teachers that call me her name and that was pretty much it.

I hate hearing her name. I try to ignore them all, why can't they make a note and remember what my name is?

When it gets to lunch I can see Jessica sitting at at table surrounded by her 'friends' and beside her is her boyfriend, Tom. Tom has blonde hair and blue eyes and is quite tall and muscly. He's on the football team or something. She probably wouldn't waste her time on someone who isn't as popular as she is.