17 | caught in the act

| @cringelee's chapter |

Jack and Mark had been hanging out more and more recently. When he was with his dad, he was constantly making up excuses to leave, and Jack's dad has been getting suspicious. He's also been locked up in his room a lot; something he never did before meeting Mark.

Jack was lying on his bed reading when his phone buzzed next to him. Mark had texted him.

"let me in, it's windy out here"

Excited, Jack hurriedly looked for his bookmark and shut his book, almost running to the front door to let Mark in. "Hey," Jack said with a smile as Mark stepped inside and Jack shut the door behind him.

"Hey, church boy. Your dad isn't home?" Mark glanced sideways at Jack, a mischievous smile planted on his face.

Jack grinned. "Luckily, he's not. And he won't be home for a couple hours." Mark grabbed Jack's hand and headed for Jack's room. He immediately pulled Jack onto the bed with him, cuddling him.

After cuddling for a while, Mark broke the silence. "You know what I can't wait for?"

Jack turned around Mark's arms, trying to look at him. "What?"

"The moment I graduate high school and I can finally live on my own."

Jack nodded in understatement. "I still have a while before I can do that," he said quietly, remembering that Mark was a grade ahead of him.

"I'll wait for you," Mark whispered, leaning his head closer to Jack's face for a kiss. They were too caught up in their kiss to realize that the front door had just opened and somebody was making their way to Jack's bedroom.

"Jack? What are you doing?" His father boomed, causing the two boys on the bed to jump apart, Jack nearly falling onto the floor.

"Dad, I-" Jack tried to come up with something, but he had nothing.

His father cut him off anyway. "I want you to get out," he said in a low voice, pointing to Mark. "And you," he pointed to his son who was almost in the corner of his room, clearly frightened, "We're going to have a long chat about this." 

His father began to head towards Jack, but Mark grabbed Jack's hand and began to pull him out of his bedroom. "I'm sorry sir, but you're not going to be having that chat any time soon."

Then Mark practically dragged Jack as he ran out and they both hurriedly put on their shoes and left. Behind them, the front door slammed open. "Jack, get back here right now! I will not let you leave with that.. That sinner!" His father yelled, most likely attracting the neighbor's attention.

Mark just shook his head and held Jack's hand tightly. "You're not going back there, Jack. Not tonight."

When they decided they had walked far enough away, they stopped and took a break. "Where will I stay?"

Mark grinned, pulling Jack's body to his own for a hug. "My place of course. My mom will understand."

"Thank you," Jack said, wrapping his arms around Mark's neck.