Fix You- You're Undead to Me

Start from the beginning

"I thought you were in charge of the car wash," Chastity said to me. I shrugged.

"Caroline asked me this morning if she could take over," I said. "I figured she needed something to take her mind off of what happened."

"That's being in denial," Bonnie said.

"Hey," Stefan said as he walked up to us.

"Hey, uh, you know I gotta go," Bonnie said quickly.

"Yeah, me too," Chastity said. "Gotta be somewhere."

They both rushed off while I looked between Elena and Stefan awkwardly. I sighed and adjusted my bag over my shoulder.

"Yeah, I should go help with the....car wash.....planning....something," I said. "See you guys later."

I walked away from them so they could have their private conversation. Well...private up until Elena told me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Give him time, Lena," I told her after she came home from the Grill.

She had told me about the conversation with Stefan and how an old man said he knew Stefan and made some comment about how he hadn't aged a day. It was so...weird. Then again, Stefan could just look like an older relative and the guy could have mistaken Stefan for him.

"I'm trying," Elena mumbled into her pillow. "It's just hard. I feel like he's keeping so many secrets."

"Maybe he is, maybe he isn't," I shrugged. "You can't just expect him to spill everything right away. Maybe he's still trying to get comfortable with telling a girl he likes all his dirty little secrets. I mean, it seems like the last couple times he did that he had his heart broken."

"I guess," she sighed.

"You two okay?" Jeremy asked from the door of Elena's bedroom.

"Is Vicki in there?" she asked without looking at him.

"Don't answer the question with another question," he said, smirk on his face. "What's wrong with you?"

"I'm miserable," Elena answered.

"Well you should go get something to eat," he suggested.

I tilted my head at him. Get something to eat? Elena considered this before she shrugged and got out of her bed, patting Jeremy on the shoulder as she passed him. I sat Indian style on her bed and gave him a 'what the fudge?' look. He smirked and mouthed "Stefan's here" at me. I made an 'o' with my mouth and nodded.

"You're good," I said pointing at him. He held his hands up modestly.

"Stop it, you're making me blush," he said. He then threw himself on Elena's bed next to me and laid his head on my leg. "Why is her bed so much more comfortable than mine?"

"Because your bed doesn't like you doing your dirty deeds on top of him," I teased. He rolled his eyes.

"Relax, it's not like you heard anything," he said.

"Thank god for that."

"Well," he said sitting up. "I should be heading back to my own room now."

"Vicki IS in there, isn't she?"

"Guilty!" I heard Vicki call from Jer's room.

"Hi Vicki!" I called to her with a smile.

Despite the fact that she was a terrible influence on my brother, they made a good couple. Or at least they could be if they tried helping each other rather than supporting each other's drug habits. Vicki was a sweet girl, she was just lost. So was Jeremy right now. They needed each other, but not for drugs.